House of Clocks

I live in a house of clocks…

A wooden shell of hell, the house wind rocked
A door at the end of the hall is locked.
The court jester just laughed and mocked.
And all the clocks are repeating their tic-tock
All is off queue.

One after the other,
A sound to bother
Watching the clock’s
Tics and tocks.

Time is a circle of repetition
Time is a state without explanation.
The court jester’s repetitious and pointless mimes,
Mocking in his redundant rhymes.
As all the clocks tic and tock in their own times.

Noticed? A clock is a circle, round and round it goes.
When will it stop? Nobody knows.

And when all the clocks end,
Dinging and Donging on the set time, 13 o’clock,
All the cuckoo birds are court jesters; they all mock in rhymes.
All the jesters are following each other in a perfectly ordered chaos.

Matthew S. said...
Complicated, Yet understandable with thought. this writing keeps people thinking very good piece.

Zombiepro said...
Andrew K its obvious you have found yourself in a mind of defeat and have noticed your competetion. So it seeem you must bring one down to make yourself bring yourself up. Why

must you bring down someones work?

Why cant you just give advice?

do you feel threatened by this piece of work?

I have read your work which i noticed have n meaning and have the same emotional tone, which i find pathetic.
i only hope for the best for you which is t... (more »)

The_Madcap said...
Andrew K. I am going to be published in an Anthology of poems wirtten by teens for further information see www.poeticpower.com.

Also, I would like to thank you all for your positive feedback.
Now this one is for Andrew K.

While I will accept the readers opinion on what I meant by a house of clocks, I would like to add that I was not talking about humanities endlessly redundant lifestyle, I was merely speaking of time and how its preceptions are not limited to the... (more »)

Andrew K. said...
Published in what?
Again you show an amateur carnal craving for perfect rhyme pattern. One problem-- you screw it up. Look at my comment on Story of Sue-- Write free-verse to start. Rhyming is actually much harder and requires a greater mastery of the English language than what you currently possess.
Oh and look! You've added cliché's. Good God, comparing clocks and time to a ceaseless mockery of humanity?! HOW UNIQUE! *sarcasm*
Come up with some more original ideas, wr... (more »)

RheaD.Ravenfinger This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 18, 2009 at 12:16 am
I like the words and positioning of words in this poem. I like the idea but it reminds me of this book called Tanglewreck. There is a house in that book where it is FILLED with clocks. I didn't finish it but have you read it?

EleanorRigby This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
this poem is fun to read, its written in a really fast-flowing way, good job!

EdytD said...
May 17, 2009 at 1:12 am
I like this one better than "the story of sue" - i think it flows better, and makes more sense. Have you ever read the short story, "The Masque of the Red Death," by Edgar Allan Poe? Your poem reminded me of this story.
Only one thing - the second to last paragraph is a line in a children's song and sounds a little cliched - but the rest of the poem is really original, and is written well. Great job! :D

I'd love if you would comment on my poetry. Thanks! :D
(and, o... (more »)

brooke.is.gone. said...
May 16, 2009 at 2:46 am
That was a clever poem. I loved your rhyme and description. Very nice. :)

The_Madcap said...
yo man, this ones getting published =D !!!!