You Left Me | Teen Ink

You Left Me

By Stephanie Tregembo BRONZE, Chesapeake, Virginia
Stephanie Tregembo BRONZE, Chesapeake, Virginia

You took me on a trip that I will never forget, you let me make my own mistakes, you let me decide what I wanted to do. You trusted me to do what was right, and punished me when I did something wrong. You yelled at me constantly and we had some fights, but somehow you knew everything was all right. I never felt so much regret as I did the day you left me. I loved you so much. More than you knew and when you left me I didn't want to live. When you left you took my soul with you and left me in pieces, my body will heal, but my heart will never be the same. I told you so long ago that when you are gone I'll have so many questions. And you said ask me now, I couldn't think of any then, but now I can think of only and it's for God. Why? Why did he take you from me, what did I do wrong. Since you left me I've tried my hardest, but I can't stay strong. You left me here right when everything started to go wrong. You stood there at your grave like you knew you were coming soon. I stood there weeks later not knowing what to think. All these these years you were here for me, but now I'm on my own. You fought so hard, why didn't God get the message that you weren't ready to go. Why did you give up the fight, why didn't you just say No. You left so many people not knowing what to do, while were still here and not with you. You've seen me breakdown but not like I did that day. You left me here speechless not knowing what to say. I've never seen so many people cry like they did that day. It's weird to say that you were here one moment and gone the next. You left us here not knowing what to do and now we have to live the rest of our lives without you.

I wrote this after my grandmother died, to vent how I was feeling. I miss her to this and this is my favorite poem I have ever written.