Good-night

Good-night

You laugh. You look at me incredulously. You wrinkle your forehead in confusion. And I still look in your gorgeous, hazel eyes, watch the sun do an award-winning waltz in your hair, and absorb your happiness like an extremely over-used sponge. You will go on, live your life, and yet… still be the boy you once were. The same. You will still remember the sweet things I said, and some of the more insane I-wonder-what-will-happen-if-I-do-this things I did. I was probably the first girl ever to fall in love with you, not counting your mother. I came to your soccer games, waved back to you, just as enthusiastic as you did to me. I laughed while you frowned when our dessert confection didn’t turn out the way you wanted it to. I said goodnight to you, you said goodnight to me, in your sweetest voice. You will always be the boy I know. My little brother.

Supernova;) said...
wow I really like this. I'm going to make my brother read it:)

AmyBear589 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 10, 2010 at 1:21 am
This is so poignant and beautiful. Reminds me of my brother :) good job and keep writing!

Lillian said...
You seem to be a keen observer!
Beautiful:)

raevyn_13 said...
Sept. 27, 2009 at 2:25 am
Short but I really like your use of words! It's great! Keep writing cause' I'm sure you could get to be really good at it. Thanks for the comment on my story, by the way. I'll make sure to follow your advice!!

unearthlyhaphazard said...
Aw, it's very sweet. I feel the same way about my little brother.

RheaD.Ravenfinger This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 12, 2009 at 2:34 am
This is beautiful yet again! Awesome! I could talk fast and all day it's so good.