Who I Really Am

Thoughts of you
Keep running through
My weary head

Like a river
Do you see me
Sanding near you

The answer is no
Your arms are wrapped
Around her neck
In a sickening way
With love and tenderness
In your deep dangerous eyes

I wish you would see
What you mean to me
But that is just a fantasy

Unravel your arms
From round her neck
And see who I really am

Lexie96 said...

I really like this and I think it's so relatable and true. Great work and really well written, I was a bit weary of it at first, but then I started reading it and it was just great!

Think you could check out my work sometime? My poem Broken Barbie Doll is kinda similar to this.

NatalieB. said...
Jan. 2, 2010 at 10:21 am
This is the first of your work I have read. I love it!!! Your writing style is wonderfull and I hope you continue to post more articles!!!

bookworm75 said...
Dec. 31, 2009 at 10:00 am
I loved it, so great, Thanks for the comment on one of the articles i wrote. The dad I never knew. Your a greatg writer. btw

kiwi12 said...
I've wanted to say that last stanza to a few people...
Great work!!

Katie_Potatie said...
Omg!! This is amazing. It's fantastic. Your fantastic. I love it so much. and thanks for commenting on mine. im glad u liked it.

dreamer_believer said...
hey this is really really good! i love how you wrote this short, sweet but with HEART!! would you mind checking out my work and commenting?
great job!

pinksage33 said...

Joanna said...
I love the way you used short lines to write your poem. I think it would work well if you seperated the line, "The answer is no" from the rest of the verse (it helps to sort out the events). My, it is wonderful. You certainly have talent Pinksage33. Nicely done!

Devin N. said...
I really liked this poem. You commented on my essay so I thought I'd check out your work, and this poem is really really good. Keep up your writing!

amyxu said...
Hey, nice poem. I like the flow of it a lot, the words flow so naturally. One suggestion, in the last stanza the word "round" seemed a little bit out of place compared to the formal tone of the rest of the poem. So maybe it cold be changed to "around." This is of course your decision entirely. Good job and keep writing!

GinaT. said...
this is really good!!
thanks for reading my essay .
:)

pinksage33 said...

JamminJos23 said...
this poem is really good and i cant wait to read more of ur work...

sallyloco said...
totally worth clicking on! ITS AWESOME!

Lonleydandy said...
It was REALLY good. I can totally relate!!!!

PK4evr This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Awwww, it's beautiful. Thanks for your comments on... well, almost every poem i've ever written... haha... :)

pinksage33 said...
i submitted 2 more articals and i will b wrighting more. so keep your eyes open. thanks for the comments ppl.

rokie101 said...
Jun. 16, 2009 at 2:13 am
wow i love it!!!! its really deep!!!

Abigail_W said...
I love this poem. I love the similes and the descriptions. I'd love to see more of your work on TeenInk; you only have one article up!

SmileyRiley<3 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 14, 2009 at 4:01 am
i love it. you commented on my article called Knock off Jeans and boots with the faux (thanks btw) and so i thought i would check out your poem. this is wonderful!