I Don't Want to Know (I Want to Know) | Teen Ink

I Don't Want to Know (I Want to Know)

April 29, 2009
By K.CTheDyingReindeer SILVER, Bullhead City, Arizona
K.CTheDyingReindeer SILVER, Bullhead City, Arizona
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
You're a hot bucket of love


i.
I’ll pretend I’m sorry if you’ll pretend you forgive me. That way we can be pretend happy together, instead of alone. (If perfection isn’t possible, you go for the closest thing. You.)
ii.
Please don’t tell me it doesn’t matter, when I know it does. I know that when you look at me, you don’t see what you used to. Don’t tell me lies when I see truth… (Deception is sometimes the way to go)
iii.
You wish you could take away my pain and the past, but neither one can ever be undone. Those scars remain, no matter how many Mr. Clean Magic Erasers you buy. (99% off is a good deal)
iv.
Those tears that you try to hide ever since I told you, I see them. I am not blind to the pain you must endure. Is it my fault I hate lying? (It’s your fault you did it…)
v.
I wrote a letter once. To remind myself that burning throats and cups of alcohol aren’t an excuse. Ever. I burnt that letter the next day. (You told me to)
vi.
The battery on my laptop is dying, but I can stay a little longer. If you promise to lie to me when all you want to do is tell me the truth. I don’t want to know. (I want to know)
vii.
I want to know. (I don’t want to know)


The author's comments:
I wrote this piece after I told someone close to me something very crucial to our relationship. I don't really understand some of it myself so you probably won't, either. Good luck deciphering it!!! :D