My Name | Teen Ink

My Name

By 9loganm GOLD, Pewaukee, Wisconsin
9loganm GOLD, Pewaukee, Wisconsin

My name means “hollow”. It means the number five. It’s the feeling of scoring the point that wins the game in the last second. It is the color blue, like the sky on a hot summer day.

My name is unique. When someone says my name, I hear ocean waves settling onto the beach. It is never mispronounced and sounds perfect every time. At times, I will hear my last name slip out of someone’s mouth. I like not having a nickname, though. It’s simple.

There was no real reason how my name came to be. The 2000’s were full of popular names. A computer was used, as my mom scrolled for names. A light bulb gleamed, as my parents both knew what it had to be. They brought up the name to each other, and they loved it. That is why my name is what it is today. Even when there’s no special way of how my name came to be, it puts a smile on my face. My name is a unique diamond found in the mountains.

My friends say my name the same way I do. That’s what I love about it. Not rough like sandpaper, and not too hard to pronounce. When they say it, it is smooth like silk. It is a river that flows perfectly. It is an easy name to say. My name is like a road that goes on straight forever.

I love my name. It is like the last piece in a puzzle. Without that piece, the puzzle isn’t finished. When you’re somewhere, you don’t hear the name Logan too often. That’s the reason why I like it. I would never change my name. It defines who I am.