Mask | Teen Ink

Mask

February 21, 2019
By Anonymous

She hides a smile.

She hides a laugh.

She hides a talent.

But still feel depressed.

No matter how i feel, nothing or anything is gonna make me take off this mask. Tired of feeling sad everyday. Tired of feeling emotional, like what is more to life? Life cannot be like this forever. When i wake up everyday i feel like a different person. Everyday life goes by but at the end of the day i am standing still. Feels like the world is just passing by me and im standing still. Gotta fake a smile so i won't hurt nobody's feelings. It hurts when i smile... when i smile tears come out my eyes. When tears come out you think you feel the pain in my eyes but you don't. Tired of people lying to me and telling me that they care is everything is gonna be ok.

No let me be this master in disguaised and now i put my mask on and say goodbye.


The author's comments:

My writing "Mask" is about me and how i am feeling about the world or other ppl who is around me because at the end of the day, the world is changing and people gonna start changing on me and start showing me their true "colors". so thats how i'm gonna have to put on my masks and play along with people who come up to me and treat me like im not there.