Over the Bridge

Over the bridge, beyond the graceful waterfall, there lies a magical place. A place that I call home. I live in a cottage, in a meadow.
That is my home. Within the meadow there lies one and only one rose. One elegant rose. That no one can ever know.
Only I and I alone know its terrible secret. Its terrible secret about the daisies beyond the river. For this is the reason why there is only one rose.
The poor, poor rose within the meadow that lies by itself all alone. Even though it deals with the disgusting daisies beside the river, the rose is still to blame.
For it had done something terrible everywhere it grew. If you ever see this rose don’t set your face to grim for it is only him.

e.l.w said...
That was very good.

hunter said...
May 5, 2009 at 1:14 am
Great job Jade keep up the great work

winniepooh said...
Jade, your aunt recommended that I read your poem. I am glad she did! I enjoyed reading it. Keep coming up with creative writings. winniepooh in Georgia!

Kim said...
May 3, 2009 at 3:10 am
Keep up the writing...You have a great imagination!

Grandpa said...
very good very creative lots of meaning

editor_fan said...
Apr. 29, 2009 at 6:01 am
Nice imagery and exploiting of the rhythm and sounds of the words. I didn't understand the last line: "Don’t set your face to grim for it is only him", though I liked the sound of it. That's where you might focus on a couple alternatives to see if they convey your intended meaning more immediately. Since you're trying to get major impact out of few words, I'd recommend removing the two instances of "there are". Just say "..., beyond the graceful waterfall, lies a magical place"... (more »)

Grandma said...
Apr. 29, 2009 at 3:56 am
I like your poem very much. I am very proud of you. Grandma

Veronica of Georgetown said...
Great stuff! I'll need an autograph before you become rich and famous!

Rete said...
Way to go! Great imagery

pansie_71 said...
good job!

AuntMindy said...
Good job Jade! Congratulations!

MiMi said...
I thought it was well written and showed a tremedous amount of creativity. I truly enjoyed it.

brount said...
Good job Jade - Keep it writting!!!