Her Bloody Secret

he cannot merely dissolve his emotion;
long suppressed tears, trapped in his heart
a thousand tiny birds...trapped.
confined in his many tightly-woven webs of secrets

soon his life will twist into a morbidly beautiful
cloud of frightening crimson
the shocking red raindrops play hide-and-go-seek
down his cheeks; billowing
in the clear water
staining the innocent white sheets that
protectively caress your sad, sick soul
distorted teardrops on pristine white bird's wings
is it too late to fly away?

Natalie B. said...
This poem was awesome. It was like Edgar Allan Poe meets The dark side of Emily Dickinsons. I really like how you challenged your self to use a gothic, (not goth, BIG diffrence), image in your writing and I hope you keep writing more poems in the pictouresque (might want to look that word up if you don't already know it)If you listen to some music off of Panic! At The Disco's first album a A Fever You Can't Sweat Out becouse they do alot of pictouesque and gothic suff. It might inspire ... (more »)

holzos said...
Apr. 23, 2009 at 1:14 am
The poem is all contained in the first line "he can not merely disolve his emotion." That line says so much - and the poet expresses what we already know - just from that line - a torrant of emotion will be unleased. Breaking through solid matter to fly into the physical world no longer contained in the emotional abyss where emotion too often lies waiting for escape. In this poem the release is freedom. As it should be.

xXxFallingTearsxXx said...
Wow, i really liked your poem! you have a really good choice of words. You should check our mine:)