Hidden behind the mask | Teen Ink

Hidden behind the mask

By mariah baird BRONZE, Lehi, Utah
mariah baird BRONZE, Lehi, Utah

I believe in the unseen things of life to be the best of all. The most memorable and most desirable are those hidden behind the lines. Keeping to the place they seem most challenging to maintain. But once held tightly you're free to use them as you may. The keys to those highlights are engraved in you. The feelings in witch seem to run our spirits are kept behind the eyes of the beholder. Your racing to compete with what you left within your self. The control we give to others to base our lives upon is that you have created. The keys to your life are given to you. Some times we give those to others in hopes that the holder will not rob whats on our insides. The insides... Are where we tend to live in side of, Our little worlds that we keep to our self's that we feel most safe yet exposed. When we enter to with our trust we may be delivered or brought to the crashing. But there's always the happiness we needed, That we crave and dig so deeply for. When were at the depths of darkness we find the light to the safety and control. I believe that the only thing to never leave us is ourselves. And for that it deserves to be raised up to the highest level of our worlds. Beauty is something we can only create in all things. There's always room for what we are seeking most. The self-judgments we have are held up by our independent heartless stands. Sanity can crumble to the ends that we try to stick together. Weakness can keep us safe. Your minds troubles are the spinning webs. We feel as if we are alone when we have only abandoned our selves. The happiest moments we have seem to flash by with the time. The spinning obstacles make me dizzy. Flashes of thoughts, things, and memories, dancing throughout our lives. Life is most unpredictable. Born with our eyes so open... Yet so closed. Born with our hearts open and excepting, die with them closed and given to another. We seem to give it away piece by piece, As the time goes by. The endings are the best. Without the words to express, the hidden thoughts We take it step by step to the end where we find ourselves the most happy.

This is one of my very first poems, hope you like it.

xXxFallingTearsxXx GOLD, Cottonwood, Idaho
Good poem, but it just looks like a giant paragraph when you first look at it. Still, i really liked your poem!