The End of the World

The world stops for no one,
But it will finally stop,
Because of a multitude of people,
When it stops I want to be with you,
I want to die with you,
I want to die before I have to see,
My beloved earth weeping poison tears,
And I don't want to die,
But would rather die fast than slow,
Would rather die with you than after,
Would rather die of injuries than of poisoning
Of my mind,

Black grass, grey earth, brown water, no plants,
I can't live with that,
I would rather die,

No you, no us, just me,
I can't live with that,
I would rather die.

windswift This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

i like this poem a bit, it describes what is slowly and invariebly going to happen to this earth unless someone steps up and does something about it, like a person of influnce, it also projected some emotion, but not enogh to catch the average persons eye and make them feel what you didi when you wrote it

Oliviaw said...
"My beloved earth weeping poison tears,...", this is a great sentence. I get your point, of the whole "environment issues" in the world today. I think that it was also cute that you said that you wanted to die with the particular person mentioned. I wonder who he is...

LeilaniLives said...
Beautiful. Without her, without having her be yours, you would feel like the world itself was dying. What an intense pain to express. Incredible concept and it was tied together well. I'd love it if you could comment/ rate mine as well.

Inkspired replied...
Thanks for the comment, I'd just like to say I am a girl, I guess my profile pic kind of confused you, it's a pic of Aragorn from Lord of the Rings. But I will definitely look at your work!

LeilaniLives replied...
Sorry for that. Yes, and your username isn't very gender oriented as well. :P But great job!

Hay_Wire This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
great job.. love it... seems like everyone says that about your work :)

ErumK said...
Amazing, though I agree with just maybe rearranging one or two phrases so it flows better. But still, wonderful piece. And thanks for your comments too!

Abigail_W said...
I agree with S.E.M on the double concept and this is a fabulous poem! Just maybe perhaps the words could be rearranged a little to make it ring better? Other than that, awesome!

S.t.S This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 8, 2009 at 4:26 am
WOW! It has a double concept! Love and longing to be with that love until the end, and the horrible things that are happening to our planet. Incredible!

May 23, 2009 at 4:33 am
i love the fact that you can see beyond the present, into a world that is slowly dieing due to our own faults. you see nothing but what the truth holds for the future, for our earth will eventualy die, and i would rather die than be left alone in an empty world of brown and poison.i rate this at a five of five.

Cassie said...
Apr. 25, 2009 at 6:01 am
WICKED DUDE!

Aryelle Y. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Apr. 23, 2009 at 1:20 am
This is deeply dark. I love the concept, how heart-breaking the earth dying is. Wonderful poem.