Top Voted Sports / Hobbies Articles

Here are the top voted sports / hobbies articles:

voted
#1
Unshelving Classic Books This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
In the late twentieth century, there was a move to replace classic literature used in most schools and universities with a more diverse reading list. The new curriculum would focus on themes present in today’s society, emphasizing... (more »)
65 comments
voted
#2
Twilight on Equality This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
It wouldn’t be an exaggeration to say that while reading Twilight I was “dazzled” (pun intended). Almost anyone alive for the past couple of months is certainly aware of the saga, which has received excited acclaim not only from teenagers... (more »)
588 comments
voted
#3
Tutus and Twirling This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
What is the definition of a sport? A game played with a ball? Is it people in tight pants running around? How about “an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature”? That sounds more like it.... (more »)
40 comments
voted
#4
Can Video Games Be Art? This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
The advent of the 20th century brought with it technological wonders including the airplane, cinema, and the radio. Among these feats was one of the most influential inventions ever – the personal computer. Through the introduction of e-mail and... (more »)
16 comments
voted
#5
Football at Its Best This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Passion, excitement, love, and hatred all describe the sport of football at any level. But, are these emotions stronger in the NFL or in college ball? Which has a better fan base or more problems on and off the field? In my opinion, college... (more »)
27 comments
voted
#6
I Am Pro Wrestling This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
There are always heroes and villains, good guys and bad guys, people you love and people you loathe. Whether you are watching a movie, your favorite TV show, a soap opera, or a cartoon, opposing forces are always present. Professional wrestling is... (more »)
9 comments
voted
#7
The Steroid Era This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Over the years, baseball has been played by everyone from the noblest athletes to downright dirt bags. The past 20 years, known as the Steroid Era, are a time in baseball's history I wish I had not witnessed. If I could, I would erase these two... (more »)
18 comments
voted
#8
Football: Time for a Change This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
For years, NCAA football has followed a ranking system that determines the seedings of the teams in the bowl games. It’s time for a change in this system, because college football follows a poll system, which, in my opinion, should be subject to... (more »)
2 comments
voted
#9
Cracking the Shell of Chick-Lit This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
How many intellectuals do you know who would label the chick-lit genre as anything more than a guilty pleasure? Not as many as those who would recommend Jane Austen, George Orwell, or William Shakespeare worthy of your leisure time. The chick-lit... (more »)
1 comment