The 2017 NBA Finals | Teen Ink

The 2017 NBA Finals

June 9, 2017
By Yemi1234 BRONZE, Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
Yemi1234 BRONZE, Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The 2017 NBA Finals are poised to be one of the most exciting of all time as two of the best teams in NBA history will battle it out in a best of 7 game series. The Cleveland Cavaliers ended the season as the second best team in the eastern conference, led by Lebron James, while the Golden State Warriors ended the season as the best team in the Western Conference, led by Stephen Curry. This is the first time that two teams have played each other in three straight NBA finals series. The two teams have had a lot of history as they met in the previous two NBA finals. Many believe that this could be the best series of all time.

 

In 2015, Stephen Curry led the Warriors to have the best record in the NBA and he earned his first MVP award. While Stephen Curry was propelling his team to one of their most successful seasons, Lebron James was solidifying his own legacy as he left the Miami Heat and joined the Cleveland Cavaliers. With the Cavaliers, he played alongside Kyrie Irving and Kevin Love and established a dominant team in the Eastern conference. Both of these teams would make it through their respective conferences and meet in the NBA finals. The Cleveland Cavaliers were plagued with injuries to two of their best players and the Warriors managed to win the series in six games.


In the following year, Stephen Curry started the season on fire as he set the record for most points in the first 10 games of the season in Warriors history. From the beginning, Stephen Curry looked set to repeat as MVP and NBA champion; however, only one of these would end up happening. Lebron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers had a relatively silent regular season but still boasted the best record in the league at the end of the season. Come playoff time, Stephen Curry got injured and would end up sitting out for the whole first series and was forced to return before being entirely healthy. It was a rough road to the final as the Warriors would have to make up a 3-1 deficit against the Oklahoma City Thunder, before facing the Cleveland Cavaliers in the final. Stephen Curry’s injuries would prove to be vital as his performance greatly declined in the finals. The Cavaliers would end up winning the series in 7 games after the Golden State Warriors became the first team to blew a 3-1 lead.


And now 2017 leads to one of the best series’ in NBA history as game 1 is set to begin on June 1, 2017. The two biggest teams in the league will go head to head in a battle of the ages. Now it is time to see who will come out on top not only between the two teams, but the players on the teams as well. Kevin Durant against LeBron James, Stephen Curry against Kyrie Irving, and Draymond Green against Kevin Love. Now it is time to let the games play out and see who comes out on top.