The Clippers | Teen Ink

The Clippers

By Aristotle20 SILVER, Hemet, California
Aristotle20 SILVER, Hemet, California

The NBA is a crazy social barrage right now. With all the talk of Russell Westbrook, James Harden, Kawhi Leonard, and LeBron James MVP race talk. Who’s finishing first in the Western Conference Spurs or Warriors. Is LeBron going to lose to the Celtics in the Eastern Conference Finals, during the playoffs. I believe that there is one thing heading to playoffs that everyone is sleeping on, that isn’t being talked about as much as years past, the Los Angeles Clippers. The Clippers are and have been contenders for awhile now. From the 2012 “Lob City” moto  to there now “win now” play style I believe it is their year finally. With an aging Chris Paul, a frustrated Blake Griffin, and a prime DeAndre Jordan they are ready. Chris Paul is a top Point Guard in the league able to give you 20 points 15 assists a night and a superior defender able to guard any point and shooting guard in the whole league and as he stated at the beginning of the season “I just need to win a championship. You can have whatever else. I don’t care. You can have the assists and steals titles, you can have all that. I just need to win a championship.” Chris Paul is locked in. Blake Griffin is just always leaving his heart out on the floor. He is a top 3 Power Forward in the league, with his underrated passing ability, his elite athleticism, an above average defender as a forward and most of all he is tired of losing. He also got his first career triple double this season while Chris Paul was out with an injury. Blake Griffin is locked in. While the Clippers 2 biggest stars were out with injury their lesser talked about star stepped up. DeAndre Jordan got his first all-star game appearance with his extreme presence he gives in the paint, both offensively and defensively. He can catch a lob into a crazy dunk, and he will consistently give you double digits in rebounds and a few blocks a game. DeAndre Jordan is locked in. Do not get me wrong they have J.J. Redick a threat on the perimeter, Luc Mbah a Moute a great defensive presence and can shoot threes now. An amazing bench with Jamal Crawford, one of the greatest 6th men of all time, Mo Speights, a great bench center, and as much as i hate to admit it, Austin Rivers has developed into a promising young Point/Forward. The entire Clippers team is locked in and ready to take it all the way this year. But my favorite part of this year for the Clippers is that they aren’t the center of attention. No coaching scandal, no Blake Griffin getting into trouble with his anger issues, just boys playing ball just like they came into the league to.