From the perspective of Cinderella

I loved playing the title role in Giant Step Theatre's Cinderella. It was fun, but there was a lot of hard work involved.

First off, I had to memorize a ton of lines and songs. It wasn't that hard, because I love to memorize things, but I still had to work at it. Then there was the development of four to five practices a week, for three hours each time. Luckily, I was able to carpool with some little friends. AKA: mice. After that came some costume issues; we had to find a ballroom dress. I actually ended up using my grandmothers wedding dress, but my poor mom had to create a panel with buttons for the back because the dress was too small, sew blue onto the panel and make the dress look like it actually fit me.

During all this, I developed a real life crush on my 'Prince Charming.' It turned out that he liked me back, so he 'asked me out.' (To which I said yes!) The news spread like wildfire through the cast, and soon I had little kids coming up and grinning at me as if they knew a secret. It was actually really fun to see.

Finally the first performance arrived, and I was scared out of my mind! As I hurried on in the second scene, I was so nervous, I was shaking. But as the lights came up, I completely submerged myself in the character of Cinderella. Her problems, feelings and thoughts became my own, and soon I was enjoying myself beyond words.

After the show, I had little girls in Cinderella dresses come up to me and ask for a picture with me and, believe it or not, my autograph!

All in all, even though it was tough, acting as Cinderella was probably the best experience I've ever had.