Is Lacrosse Better Than Other Sports? | Teen Ink

Is Lacrosse Better Than Other Sports?

May 20, 2016
By n_primka54 BRONZE, Reno, Nevada
n_primka54 BRONZE, Reno, Nevada
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Lacrosse is the best sport on Earth. This sports growth triples in size each year. The game has been around for a very, very long time. It is also very easy to learn how to play this game. If this sport was given a chance to be aired on TV as much as football then many other people would enjoy watching it. I believe that lacrosse will overcome a major sport within the next year.
 
The growth of lacrosse will continue to rise throughout the years to come. Every year more and more fans watch this sport and many more players join. "Lacrosse continues to be the fastest-growing sport at the high school level"(USLacrosse, National Lacrosse Participation, uslacrosse). Lacrosse is also growing at the college level and the major league level. If the growth of this sport keeps up, it could possibly overtake a major sport soon.

Lacrosse is technically "America's Sport". It was first played by the Native Americans."It was first discovered by the Native Americans"(USLacrosse, History, uslacrosse). Nobody knows when this sport was created because the Native Americans couldn't keep files back then but what we do know is that it has been around for more than 400 years. The way the sport is played has also dramatically changed since it was first played. The way it has changed makes it a great game for many fans to watch and for players to play.

Lacrosse is also a fun and easy sort to play. Many children are beginning to play this sport because of its popularity increase. Children are picking to play this sport over other sports because they are beginning to see how fun it is too. I first started playing in middle school and with I had first played it as soon as I could. I have been playing this sport for 5 years and I love it. If people could try this sport at least once in their lives they could have great memories.

Although lacrosse can be fun it can also be dangerous. You can still get hurt like in any other sport. There is also a high chance of getting a concussion too. This can change your perspective on the sport. We still need to try and be safe. Also, getting hit with a metal stick isn't fun, it hurts. It is easy to break bones and it leaves bruises behind. What's better, having fun or being safe?

So, will lacrosse overcome a major sport within the next few years? Although the sport can be dangerous there is a low chance of getting injured. Unlike football everyone gets to play which makes it a unique sport. If you want to help out the sports community then you should watch or play some lacrosse. I bet you will love it.

"National Lacrosse Participation Nears 750,000." National Lacrosse Participation Nears 750,000. N.p., 10 Apr. 2014. Web. 05 May 2016.
 


The author's comments:

High School Student who plays lacrosse