The Game That Ended Wide Right | Teen Ink

The Game That Ended Wide Right

By Evandipo98 BRONZE, Amherst, New York
Evandipo98 BRONZE, Amherst, New York

Fight on, my men,” Sir Andrew Said

“A little I’m hurt but not yet slain.

“I’ll just lie down and bleed awhile,

“And then I’ll rise and Fight again

I get released out of someone's hand, I start to dip towards the ground, but someone grabs me by their fingertips just before I hit the ground. The crowd cheering, I feel like I'm the star of the show. I get placed on the ground waiting for someone to grab me, but no one did. I think they're checking to see if I hit the ground. After a good 30 seconds I wasn't moved what a waste of time. Then that same guy takes his amorous hand and grips me tight. I get thrown quickly into someone else's hands, a second later I was tucked away in someone's arms. He had big arms so I knew that I would be safe from anyone else grabbing me. I as this guy is running for his life he get buried to the ground by three other guys, they obviously were on the other team, but I didn't fall to the ground. I'm hurried where that same guy with the big hands grabs me and hands it quickly to the man behind him. He immediately throws me to the ground as I fly up about ten feet in the air as I see the guy who threw me to the ground starts running backwards from where I was. I bounce a couple times trying to find the scoreboard. I finally find it, the clock shows less than a minute, I couldn't really tell because I was so dizzy from moving around. If I had a mouth I would probably be throwing up so much. I look to my right and see a bunch of guys on one team holding hands, while if I look to my left there are people that refuse to look at me. They're probably too scared to see where I was going to go. I hear a whistle and someone talking all I saw from his lips timeout. Great now I've gotta sit here for another minute in this grass just great. Waiting and waiting timeouts are so boring they take away the attention and excitement away from me. Finally the players get back on the field and the spotlight is now on me. I feel like this next play is going to the fate of two dynasties; these two teams that are battling for the right to be called the best team ever. A different guy, but still has hands like a baseball mit. Instead of placing one hand on me he placed both hands on me, looked like it was going to be a long and fast ride. The player with the big hands launches me back where I'm greeted by another player who catches me, places the bottom part of me on the ground, and spins me a little bit. Pow something hits my back and I fly up into the air. It feels like slow motion as I start to hook a little bit to the left. Just as I'm curving a little to the left, I hook to the right and hit the a net. I roll down to the ground, as I’m lying on the ground I realize that I’ve made one group of people the happiest people in the world, and another group of people the saddest people in the world. Now I will always be remembered as the game that ended wide right.

What the football that Scott Norwood kicked in Super Bowl XXV (25)