Running for Health and Live | Teen Ink

Running for Health and Live

By Merina BRONZE, Farmington Hills, Michigan
Merina BRONZE, Farmington Hills, Michigan

Most people believe that running is good for your health. I agree. “Running would benefit your health and would enable you to live a long life” (Editorial Staff 1) this means running helps you to stay healthy. However, there are others who don’t think so because they think running puts stress on our body and causes inflammation in our feet and knees.

Running has three good points. The first point is that running prevents us from becoming obese and helps us maintain a consistent weight. Running makes us burn body fat and extra calories. In fact, I lost weight after I ran for one month. But when you run it is important to pay attention to your diet, because running makes you hungry and makes you eat a lot of food. You could gain a lot of fat. So if you feel hungry after running, you should choose a lot of fruits or vegetables.

The second point is that running help us sleep better because your body feels fatigue after running. , “Running is a sleeping pill for Insomniacs” (Editorial Staff 2).  I like to sleep after running.

The last point is maybe the most important. Running protects your body from cancer. “High levels of physical activity like running reduces the risk of developing cancer up to 30-40% in both men and women” (Editorial Staff 3). Let me explain why running reduces the risk of cancer. For example, if you get cancer, your muscles and physical fitness waste away through treatments that get rid of cancer for losing cancer. You cannot resist the cancer since you don’t have enough force. But, if you run, you can get force that can kick out the cancer. Also running prevents not only cancer but also many kinds of disease.

In conclusion, running has a huge power that maintains your healthy body, helps you to sleep, and makes you able to fight cancer. I think running is great thing that you need for living a long time. Thus it is good for you to run at the right time.

I decided to write about running because I love running and I thought I have to pay attention my diet.