Insurgent | Teen Ink

Insurgent

By T.C.5.0. SILVER, St.Louis, Missouri
T.C.5.0. SILVER, St.Louis, Missouri

The book I am reading is called Insurgent. It is about 5 factions which are called Erudite, Abnegation, Amity, Dauntless, and Candor. Each is known for something different. Erudite for knowledge, they are the ones who make most of the technology and medical pieces.  Abnegation is known for it’s selflessness. These are the ones who feed the factionless (homeless people) and who help everyone out in general. Amity are the farming/hippie faction who are all about peace and being self-sufficient. Dauntless is known for it’s courage and bravery and is the “policing” district, who keep all of the other factions in order. Candor is known for their immense truthfulness, they will never tell a lie and can tell when other people are lying to them.

I think there would be downfalls and bright sides to being in every one of the factions. With Erudite, everyone would ask you for help for things because you know the most about everything, but that could also be a downfall, because you would spend a lot of your time telling other people “simple” information to you but it may not be so simple for you. Abnegation would be good because you would be helping people all day and you wouldn’t really have a job, but a downside to that is that with complete selflessness it would be hard to do things like get ready in the morning because you wouldn’t be able to look at yourself in the mirror because it would be considered selfish. Amity would be fun because you get to work out in the pasture all day or in the orchard, that would also be a reason that it would not be fun because there would be lots of hard work. Dauntless would be fun because you get to do stupid things all day like parkour or exercise and for me personally, I dont think there would be much of a downside. I don’t think I would like candor very much because they have normal, everyday jobs, except they can’t lie to play pranks on or mess with people.

I'm just a random kid writing random stuff hoping random people will like it