"This is the Best World Cup of All Time" | Teen Ink

"This is the Best World Cup of All Time"

July 16, 2014
By rabcfcuj SILVER, London, Other
rabcfcuj SILVER, London, Other
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Said the sixteen year old.

At the most optimistic, this sixteen year old's first World cup they saw would have been 2002, however at the age of around seven, they were probably not exactly the world's best football analyst. Therefore I think that it is ridiculous that somebody who has not lived through even half of the World Cups is making such as judgement. They clearly do not know enough about prior World Cups to make this judgement, which begs the question; where did they get this opinion from?

I believe that this opinion arises from a lack of creativity from the average football fan. The commentators said it is the best, or maybe the pundits, so people mindlessly believe what they are told, as people regularly do when they are given information by the media. Now while I do recognise that this 2014 World Cup has been magnificent to watch so far, unless you are old enough to have seen at least 50% of the World Cups, you probably do not know which World Cup is the best, and you do not need to. Just enjoy this World Cup instead of looking back in the past.