Baseball | Teen Ink

Baseball

By elamaster123 BRONZE, Marlborough, Massachusetts
elamaster123 BRONZE, Marlborough, Massachusetts

What I know about baseball is simple. I know how to throw the ball obviously. I know how to make plays on the field, or in my position 2nd base. I know how to hit and what goes into stepping on the plate to hit. When it comes to playing the sport in got it on lock. But sometimes there are pitches that are hard to hit like the curveball. usually used on an 0-2 count it starts to look like a strike but quickly breaks out rankings for teams and players.
There are many types of different pitches. One of my favorite pitches would have to be the eephus. This pitch is usually thrown at 50 to 60 MPH. At first its thrown up in the air kinda, than in the last second it drops into the strike zone. Then theres the curveball. I hate the curveball it breaks right out of the strike zone. Theres three types of curveball but there is a lot of different pitches in the books i just dont want to explain all of them.

Another thing i like to do is to go up to bat to hit the ball. Theres a thing that we call the “sweet spot” on the bat. Preferably in the middle end of the bat, When you hit it on this sweet spot youll feel it and the ball will go so so so far...well it depends on the way you hit it.

Then of course theres feilding.Theres first, second, shortstop, third, pitcher, and catcher and right, left, center field. the most important position would be the pitcher.

Counterclaim
some people think baseball is for all ages.Its dangerous and the game all together is boring. Its to dangerous to play if your little too. what if a little kid gets hit by a pitch? They say baseball is not meant for any age its meant for teens and men. I think thats just an opinion. Baseball is America's pastime and heres why its for all ages. Theres special leagues for little kids, so they wouldn't be hit by a pitch. Its also cool because theres so many different leagues around the world. This is why Baseball IS for all ages. It is a good experience for all.

Conclusion
Baseball is fun for all ages. Theres a lot of leagues for different age groups. And because its Americas pastime. My other reason is because its just overall a fun experience for all ages.

My claim is that baseball is fun for any age