football needs more protection | Teen Ink

football needs more protection

Intro: have you ever thought that football players felt safe about their equipment? the equipment is very defective sometimes players get very hurt from the hard hits from the strong bulky linebacker. football players have serious injuries that can end their career. we can improve the safety of the football players by making the equipment safer to use.

imagine watching a football player going hard and he is staying down, motionless, the paramedics rushing on the field to check on the player he realized the player is knocked out and most likely has a concussion. having more protective equipment can help the issue of head injuries and so we can put more padding into the equipment to improve the chance of getting less head injuries. to have less face and neck injuries people who make the helmets can put more face mask guards or rails. to prevent other injuries like acl tears or broken limbs such as, ankles, hands, feet, and legs, equipment makers can make pads that adjust to the football player body parts.

some people get head injuries and that can determine the future because some people get alzheimer's because their brain cells were damaged. if we had better helmets the injuries would be less fatal. the football players wouldn’t have to deal with the fear of having brain problems. if we get new and improved helmets people won’t have to deal with mental problems when they retire and they won't have the risk of their brain being damaged and being wrong with the brain.

if we have better equipment for the football players they would not be worried of having broken limbs. if players have repeated injuries in the bones it can weaken the bones. also, breaking bones can limit a player’s career because they can get arthritis at an early age. if players have broke their arms or legs that can ruin their ability to throw far and accurate or run fast and hard.

Counterclaim: the helmets and equipments today are already good in protection wise.

other people think that the equipment for football players are already good in protection wise. people might think that because when players get hit they get right back up so the crowd thinks that the player is not hurt and will be okay but he in reality he is hurt but he doesn’t show any emotion because he is on national tv. however, this is not true because there is more and more injuries having every year and it’s getting worse. football players are retiring each year because the injuries they get from cheap equipment.

conclusion: one thing you can do to help reduce the percentage of football player’s injuries is send in some ideas that can improve the safety and protection to the people that make the equipment like riddell, under armor, nike and scott. these are some companies that provide various kinds of equipment. getting more protective equipment can reduce the percentage of getting hurt because 7% of football players get hurt or get concussions every year that's we why need new and improved equipment.