pick up games at the park | Teen Ink

pick up games at the park

April 8, 2014
By shun_ BRONZE, Hammond, Indiana
shun_ BRONZE, Hammond, Indiana
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"laugh with many, but don't trust any."


Pickup Games at the Park

Playing basketball at a public park is fun. You’ll never know who you meet or play there. You can play against good people or bad people. You can also learn a lot of new things by playing with different people every day.

Every day after school I go to the park to play basketball. I can say almost every day I learn something new because of all the new people who come every day. When I play basketball at the park I usually play with older people. I play with older people because I can get better by that and its fun beating them. I play better against older guys then I do against the people my age because they know what I can do so they know how to stop me.

Theirs is a different person at the park every day. Weather their fat, short, skinny, or tall you’ll never know how good they are until you play them. I rarely see any good grown people at the court; my opinion is they’re all weak. If you play against a tall or short person it can be hard winning. Its better if you play against somebody your exact size because short people tend to steal the ball from you a lot and tall people tend to block everything you throw up, but tall people are slow so you got to work around them.

If there are a lot of people everybody shoot three’s, the first two people to hit them are captains. The captains usually pick up four players. Whoever pick first stick defense first. You take turns picking your teams because it wouldn’t be fair just picking everybody at once because you can just pick all the good people and leave the other captain with the weak people.


The author's comments:
this is what I do everyday after school.