Hoobies | Teen Ink

Hoobies

March 20, 2014
By Anonymous

I don’t just enjoy reading books, I love getting lost in them, however. I love putting myself in the book as the main character and going on their adventure. When I am finished reading a book, I feel like a champion. I feel accomplished, once I’m done.

I recently finished a book on my way down to Las Vegas. The benefits include the grade I will get in my English class and the joy of getting consumed in another person’s world. It was also a good distraction from the outside life. These benefits will push me to succeed in better understanding, and grammar practice.

During the month of December, I hope to finish five books. I usually start a book and if I don’t get hooked, I just stop reading it and give up. If it hooks me instantly, then I stay motivated and continue reading it. The hardest part is getting into the book. They are long and there’s not enough action. i want to get into the plot and the action of the book.

In English, I usually try to push through the beginning, so I can get to the thrilling parts. I have a tendency to always read the last page of the book I’m reading. I get an idea of the ending and the will to finish the book. I want to know what the ending concludes to, so I keep going.


The author's comments:
I feel passionate about my piece.