Sailing Articles | Teen Ink

Sailing Articles

By landshark221 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
landshark221 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

If you aren't first, your last

Dear Teen Ink,

I am writing to you about having more, very good, sports articles in your magazines. The ones that you do write are detailed and full of life, and I would like to read more. I think that other people, like most of my friends that play sports, would enjoy reading some too!

Some suggestions of the sports would be football, baseball and also some sailing articles. My friends all play football and baseball but none of them understand sailing. I won the X boat inland, which is one of the biggest regatta in the country, and I came first place, which means I am ranked number one in the country for that boat. What sailing has done for me is it made me a leader alongside a very good cooperator. I work with my brother on the boat and at times we don’t agree with things, but I know that I wouldn’t be winning races without him. Some of the “forgotten” sports can make differences in your life in different many ways like sailing is for me.

So you can probably tell that I enjoy sailing a lot, and I bet that other people that read these magazines sail too. I think that it would make the magazine more popular and more valuable if there was a bigger sports section with other, not as popular sports, like sailing. For example, you could add a part about the Americas Cup and their huge comeback against New Zealand! Thanks for reading!

Sincerely,

Joe B

I think people would enjoy reading about the Americas Cup racing and other major sailing events.