Why the New Orleans Saints will win Super Bowl 48 | Teen Ink

Why the New Orleans Saints will win Super Bowl 48

November 21, 2013
By victor marculescu BRONZE, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
victor marculescu BRONZE, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The New Orleans Saints are currently the fourth best team out of 32 in the NFL. With a record of eight wins and two losses, they are solid to say the least. Most fans would argue the Broncos and their high octane offense will win the superbowl, while others say the Seahawks with their dominant defense will win the superbowl. They can argue all they want, but they’re wrong. On paper, both Broncos and the Seahawks are better, fine. They both are 9-1. However, when it all comes down to it, Drew Brees can GET IT DONE.
There’s a reason the Broncos will not win this year: Peyton Manning, and his lack of production in the playoffs. Peyton Manning has nine wins and eleven losses in his playoff career, with eight one and dones! Drew Brees has five wins and four losses, with only two one and dones. Peyton Manning just can’t play as good as he usually can in the post-season, and last year’s lost to the Ravens proves my point.
Now as for the Seahawks: Being a young team may help sometimes, but in this case, it doesn’t. Russell Wilson may be good, but he’s no Drew Brees. He has barely any NFL experience, let alone playoff experience. He’s only in his second year. Also, the offense of the Seahawks is simply not up to the level of the Saints.
Now as for the Saints. After an awful 2012 campaign while missing their head coach, Sean Payton, they’re officially back. Drew Brees headlines an offense that can pile on points. Not to mention, their defense is number two in total yards allowed, pass yards allowed, and points allowed, all per game. Now that’s good. Drew Brees, his star tight end Jimmy Graham, and the solid defense will get it done this year. They will win the superbowl.


The author's comments:
I love sports.