The Miami Heat Repeat | Teen Ink

The Miami Heat Repeat

May 20, 2013
By JohnnyM24 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
JohnnyM24 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
18 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The Miami Heat were the 2012 NBA champions last year defeating the Oklahoma City Thunder. The Heat were able to eliminate the Thunder in five games and one of their star players, LeBron James, was able to shut up critics about living up to Michael Jordan’s reputation.

Many people on ESPN and different sports analysts believe LeBron is the next and closest thing to Jordan. And now the Heat have a great franchise, LeBron will be able to live up to their expectations.

LeBron was named the King in high school when he was a standout at St.Vincent-St.Mary’s high school. When he came into the NBA, he had big expectations including winning a championship and a ring. Some people would said there was no ring for the king. But now there is.

The formation of this new Miami Heat team is what will help win more games and championships. In the summer of 2010, the Miami Heat were able to acquire two new NBA superstars to their franchise. They acquired Chris Bosh and LeBron James, not to mention the star of the team already, Dwyane Wade.
This brought many people to hate the Miami Heat, especially after not winning the championship. The critics doubted their talent. However, I didn’t. I believed they would be able to win it and they did. I am also confident they will be able to win the championship this year also.

Jake Acton, a junior at Arrowhead High School says, “They will walk away with another championship and there will be another ring for the king!”

Ty Jager, also a junior at Arrowhead, says, “Their going to take it all for sure.”

Many people doubt the Heat and their potential to win championships together. They say there are too many superstars. But this is not true. The Big three know how to play together and they know who to give the ball to when they need to score.
I believe this year the Heat will get the repeat and the year after that, I think they will win a three peat