Understanding Art This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.

What is art?  In first grade it was the ability to copy an apple perfectly. Then it came to putting your thoughts to paper, or to enact them in any medium. I had a friend once who used to say she is an artist and looked at us with pity, like we were fools who would never understand what it mean. Like art was only limited to elites and was esoteric. Did she know art? I don't know. Art is not tough to understand. When somebody comes up to me and tells me it's very artistic you won't get it, I try to rubbish their claims. I think the best art is the one which everyone understands. Art is just a way of communication, a creative exchange of ideas. Good art is something which speaks volumes without you having to think about it,  it's profound. It's binding and spreads across classes. The folk songs, the colourful dances of various sects of people spread over the world speak art's language. Every country has a national anthem which gives each of his countrymen a sense of being. Art isn't hypocritical, it's doesn't discriminate. If you think you have to spend hours to learn about art, write books on what it means, you are wrong. Art is self explanatory. Good artists are not conceited, they just refused to be tamed; they are the voice of people all around them. 

LanimalThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 14 at 2:04 am
Whoa, awesome job! I totally agree with everything you said here, I could just never put it into words like you did. :) Keep it up, I look forward to reading more of your work!!

IlovemeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 16 at 11:13 am
Thank you, loved reading your work too :)

LanimalThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 16 at 8:30 pm
Thank you! :)

JackShadow22This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 12 at 4:04 pm
It summarizes the various meanings of art, putting them in one simple definition. It's a profound thought that does not lack passion and very interesting to read. Many would be enlightened by your piece!

Jan. 12 at 4:05 pm
Thankyou Jack!

JB.313 said...
Sept. 27, 2013 at 11:07 am
now i know the real meaning of art.it was so great and i really enjoyed it.Good job and keep it up.

Sept. 27, 2013 at 11:14 am
Thanks so much JB, thanks for reading :)

WonderWisherThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
It was really good!  I enjoyed reading it and overall agreed with what you wrote! Keep writing!

Thanks so much Wonder!

Sinister-Von said...
It was alright, And i am not being mean about anything but to me it sounded like a story and not a poem more like a begain story.

Lol um it's not a poem? It's just a paragraph on art. Not an essay, not a story. It's an opinion I guess :)

L-Dizzle said...
Jun. 21, 2013 at 11:55 am
ohh lovee i cant believe you put me through this but when i saw it was about artt i was  happy unlill i saw the word i sighh the whole waqy though i even read it in a britsh accent just forr ;3 youu gahh i thought i died but in the end i lovedd it it was magnifecenttlyy well thought and just marvoulouss

Hehe I am glad you read it for me. Yayy thankss :D

youknowwho said...
May 29, 2013 at 2:09 am
Nice content, worth a read :)

LiraDaeris said...
Good content in this! It reminds me of trying to become a ballerina- they start off saying, "Art is an expression of yourself! So you must do everything exactly as I show you!" Needless to say, I didn't stay long with that teacher. You have a couple of grammatical mistakes: a run-on sentence with "You don't have to think about it, it's profound" (put a semicolon [;] or a dash there) and at "... art isn't hypocritical" (same suggestion.) I agree with you that art is not meant to be uptight, a... (more »)

Hey Lira. First of all-huge comment. teehee. Haha yeah I have to work on my grammar sigh. Lot of improvement to be done. I am so glad you checked out my work so astutely. Also this is such a debateable topic that I am so glad we differ on some points. What is art if it doesn't raise any controversy!

Minkerbell said...
Very true! I enjoyed reading this piece of work because it flowed very well and overall, I agree with what you were saying. A piece of art should mean something to each viewer - it may not mean the same thing or bring the same feelings to everyone, but you shouldn't feel blank and emotionless when look at art. Along with every piece of great artwork comes a story, and the viewer gets to decide what that story is. I think that makes art really beautiful and meaningful.

Thanks so much. The best part about art is that everyone has their way to look at it, like when you mentioned the emotion part of it, it opens new avenues for the topic. :)

FallenoutofgraceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I like this no wonder the editors again amazing wordchoice and i love how as i read it i felt the passion behind it so well done mate. ( imagine in  an auzzzie accent)

Haha thanks so much. (imagine in british accent)