Images On A Camera

Its just a hobby but its unique. Taking a roll of film and developing it is the beauty of it all. It’s like you’re developing memories. One thing I love about it, they can’t be changed. They're memories that will last a lifetime. Something to look back on and say “Hey, i remember that” or “wow, I looked like that?” I can look at them and remember the exact time, say, and moment the photo was taken. Yes. I do have times where I lose a roll of film. I get upset, and soon enough I forget about it. I’ll find nameless rolls of film on laying around the house. I develop them and look at them. I’ll smile or look disappointed because I either developed a memory or lost all proof that it happened. I took a great memory and recreated it or destroyed it. That’s the beauty of it all, It’s a risk. You either fail or you recreate the magic. It’s all just a beautiful disaster.

ckahna said...
Jan. 13 at 7:14 am
I really like these idea about the picture. I agree with that pictures can remember back the time that we took it. I like to take pictures and I also impressed that the picture can still exist for hundred years. I like to see the pictures which was taken long ago.

Conner E. said...
Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:38 am
The idea of taking pictures and capturing moments in time is done very well.  The language works well together as well.

Rebecca P. said...
Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:36 am
I love the concept of the "beautiful disaster," as well as the reality that once a picture is captured nothing about it can be changed

Bailey W. said...
Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:28 am
Remebering things and comparing them to the photographs can be really unbelieveable at times; I thought this was a great reader connection for your piece.  

louisarstrothman said...
Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:25 am
You absolutely captured the feeling of being able to pick out a moment in time and recall all the sensations of it.

EmilyBau said...
Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:21 am
I like how you related it to looking back on the past.

gilly1994 said...
Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:17 am
Nice way of describing how photograpghy is important to you. Had good readers connections.But needs better dialogue. 

DesireeAmy replied...
May 3, 2013 at 11:41 am
I wasn't trying to use productive dialogue. I was to show you what I thought. It should've been put into italics but I didnt think of it as I wrote the piece.

ChrisMc33 said...
Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:16 am
I really like the way the last sentence sort of ties the piece together.

SallySunshine said...
Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:11 am
I really enjoyed this piece as it was evident that you are passionate about your writing of the photography.  You could probably use a bit more sensory detail to help the reader feel the moments of taking that photo or developing the photo.

Kelsey W. said...
Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:11 am
I like this piece a lot. I can also relate. I love looking at photography.

Hannah L. said...
Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:08 am
I like how you mention that pictures are a moment in time that you can go back to. I think this piece has many reader connections and that it is easy to understand. 

SageElizabeth said...
Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:05 am
I like your piece becuase I feel I can relate to it. I am a big fan of photgraphy myself, so I udnerstand compltetly what you mean by the film being memories. Good job!

tildenr said...
Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:03 am
I love to ending about it being a risk. Very thoughtful!