Keep Wrestling in the Olympics! | Teen Ink

Keep Wrestling in the Olympics!

March 26, 2013
By OkTaYnE195 BRONZE, Albuquerque, New Mexico
OkTaYnE195 BRONZE, Albuquerque, New Mexico
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
There will be many challenges ahead.
And I am looking forward to them.
-Cael Sanderson


Wrestling is my passion! For other people all over this world it is their passion as well. We eat, sleep, and breathe this sport. I have spent countless hours training for one reason as a student athlete, state wrestling championship! A heart breaking injury in a match at the beginning of the 2013 season ruined my chances at winning the gold as a sophomore. After the cast came off my arm I argued with my coach for days. I tried and tried to get him to let me wrestle, sadly he did not budge. Although I knew even if he had let me wrestle, a state title was not in my 10th grade future. I still fought because wrestling is my life and it is all I want to do.
Now I am here to fight for another reason. To keep this sport that myself, as well as people across the nation and world love to watch and be a part of, in the Olympics! I remember watching Jordan Burroughs defeating Iran to win gold, Jake Varner winning gold against Ukraine, and Coleman Scott winning the bronze medal. I just could not wait for the next summer Olympics for the USA to bring back more gold. And then I hear news that wrestling is in danger of being taken out of the Olympics! I was appalled. Words could not describe my disappointment to think that the sport that was one of the original sports to start the Olympics was at risk of being taken out. I myself, as well as the wrestlers in our nation and countries everywhere, find it an injustice that wrestling could be removed from the Olympics.


The author's comments:
My argument to keep wrestling in the Olympics.