Freedom | Teen Ink

Freedom

By Serenade SILVER, Apple Valley, California
Serenade SILVER, Apple Valley, California

Be yourself, everybody else is already taken.

We all have our favorite hobbies. Wither it be surfing, skating, sports, music, art, and even writing. We all express ourselves in different ways imaginable. We are all unique. And we can all inspire.

Interests and hobbies define who we are. Who we are in our personalities, and characteristics. Now, for a second, think abou your life without your favorite hobby. Pretty boring huh? You couldn't be yourself without it right? Yeah, did you ever wonder that your hobby is a talent of yours. Or a hidden gift maybe? Well, it is.

My favorite hobby is skate boarding. It's my escape. I can express myself through cruising, hand plants, and slides. I have priceless memories of the wind in my face and freedom in my bones. Isn't that what you feel too? Don't you feel a sense of freedom?

We all have our favorite hobbies. Who cares if we're different in interests? It's who we are. And I'd rather be someone I am then who I pretend to be. As Oscar Wilde stated," Be yourself, everybody else is already taken."