Giants Repeat Over Pats, Again | Teen Ink

Giants Repeat Over Pats, Again

By Justin Radtke BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
Justin Radtke BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

It is very uncommon for franchises in the sports world to repeat championships. But this theory was prove wrong by the New York Giants.

In the past four years, the Giants won the Super Bowl twice. In 2008, the Giants shocked the world by eliminating teams and getting hot at the right time. But when the Giants found out they would be playing the New England Patriots in the 2008 playoffs, everybody’s hope ran out.

But the Giants ended up pulling out the upset against the Patriots with Eli Manning leading his team on a game-winning touchdown drive. The drive is now known as the “unreal” drive.

During the next couple of seasons, the Giants struggled, losing key players and team leaders. Everybody said the Giants were too old and washed up. But in 2012, the Giants showed everyone what the playoffs mean to them.

Coming into the 2012 playoffs, the Green Bay Packers had a first-round bye and home field advantage. The Giants rolled into Green Bay hot and destroyed the number one seed and advanced to the next round.

In 2012, the Giants ended it up in the Super Bowl yet again, facing the highly favorite New England Patriots. The Giants took it to the Patriots and won their second Super Bowl in four years. Manning once again showed his true colors and led the Giants to a superb victory.

The reason I believe the Giants will repeat in 2013 is due to the way the team streaks their wins and losses. The Giants started off the season right where they left off, by winning six of their first eight games.

The Giants are a streaky team. The Giants are now 7-5 and on a roll again. On both occasions, the Giants won the Super Bowl after having a very shaky season.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Giants get hot right towards the end of the season again and repeat what they did in 2008 and 2012. With the play of Manning and Ahmad Bradshaw the Giants have a powerful passing attack and a solid running game.

The New York Giants are not a team you want to meet in the playoffs anytime or anywhere. Whenever the Giants make it to the playoffs, they are hot and hungry for another championship run.