Softball Season | Teen Ink

Softball Season

June 3, 2012
By abbyowens BRONZE, Cheswick, Pennsylvania
abbyowens BRONZE, Cheswick, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Every single day of every year from March to May. In the spring, seven days a week, this is what I do: catch, field, swing, slide, dive, and run- all for success! I’ve always wanted to be that girl on the team who gets the great hits, never misses a ball in the field, which everyone looks up too, but that’s not me. I have a long way to go for that to be me. I know my role on the team, and I cherish my role. I cheer on my teammates, and when called upon, I do the best that I can.

To be honest, I may never be that girl, but it is being on that winning team that matters to me. I love the feeling of sliding into home, the sound of the ball meeting at the bat and soaring through the air, the warm breeze circulating through out the dugout, and most of all, I love the encouraging voices of teammates cheering you on. However, softball is not all hard work. My teammates and I still find ways to make it fun. While sitting through long innings we find ways to entertain ourselves. Whether it’s digging holes in the dugout or seeing who can throw a rock and hit the pole first, there is always something to do. Like I said before I may not be that girl with the outstanding batting average or fielding skills, but I love being a part of the team and more than anything I love the sport.