Xbox vs PS3 | Teen Ink

Xbox vs PS3

By Carter Dombeck BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Carter Dombeck BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

Have you ever heard of the Xbox and PS3 controversy? I have been an Xbox player for about five years now. I have found out that people have mixed feelings about Xbox and PS3. I like Xbox better because of the game variety and cool features. People argue anywhere from which company is better to the controllers. This controversy has been going on ever since the PS3 was released.
The biggest arguement is about the online play. Even though Playstation is free, it has some disadvantages compared to Xbox. According to IGN, Playstation has a smaller game variety compared to Xbox. PS3 also gets downloadable content later than Xbox. For a year of Xbox live it is sixty dollars. I think it is worth paying for online because Xbox has more features. One key thing that Xbox has is party chat. Party Chat allows you to talk to all your friends while they are playing different games. On PS3 there is still messaging friends but in order to talk to them both of you have to be playing the same game.

As I mentioned earlier the PS3 has a less game variety than Xbox. A couple of key games that Xbox has that PS3 does not is Halo, Gears of War, and Fable. Halo is one of the best selling games of all time. Gears of War and Fable have also been really popular. Although Xbox has more games, According to IGN, most people would pick the Playstations graphics over Xbox.PS3 also has a few games that Xbox does not have including MLB The Show which makes sports gamers mad.

There are also a number of accessories that both systems have. A lot of people favor the PS3 because it has a built in Blu-Ray player in it. One thing that people like off Xbox is the Kinect. The Kinect allows your body to be the controller. There is workout exercises and Yoga on it and there is also games available. The PS3 also has something similar to the Kinect called PS3 Move. Although most people prefer the Kinect over the Move. There is a number of different games for the Kinect. Everyone also argues on which controller is better. Some people think the Playstation controller is better because it is lighter and wider. Some people think the Xbox is better because it is more comfortable. Everyone has their own opinion on it.

There are many cool features for both the Xbox 360 and the Playstation 3. Both consoles are very popular and fun to play. People have mixed feelings about online play, game variety, and accessories. I personally like the Xbox 360 better because of the game variety and accessories. Now maybe you will think twice before buying your next game console.

Michael44 BRONZE, Denver, Colorado
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
Xbox Errdaayy ! Nice Toughts .