Tim Tebow | Teen Ink

Tim Tebow

By BaseballFreak GOLD, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
BaseballFreak GOLD, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

“I just want to say one thing, to the fans and everybody in Gator Nation, I’m sorry. I’m extremely sorry. We were hoping for an undefeated season. That was my goal, something Florida’s never done here. I promise you one thing : a lot of good will come out of this.” Tim Tebow’s exact words after the loss against Ole Miss his junior year in college. To me Tim Tebow is a hero. He is a hard-working competitor, an influential leader, and an impactful person.

Tim Tebow has learned to be a hard worker and developed his competitiveness. Growing up his family lived on a farm, he and his four older siblings had to do many chores which taught all of them hard work. When Tim was in high school, he had to win over his teammates through hard work in the weight room and on the practice field because he was home schooled. Tim has never liked to lose even when he was just a kid playing board games. Working hard and being a competitor has formed him into a leader.

Tim Tebow leads in all aspects in the game of football. He plays the quarterback position which involves the most leadership in all of sports. He pushes his teammates to the best of their abilities which makes them better. He will even take very huge risks for his team. In one game his junior year in high school, he broke his leg in the second quarter. After he broke his leg he continued to play on it though. Even with the broken leg he ran for a twenty nine yard touchdown. Being the leader he is has helped him to become impactful.

Tim may be the most impactful athlete in all of sports. The reason is because people listen to him. He started leading bible studies when he was only fifteen years old, and then led studies at Florida University. He also impacts the less fortunate overseas because he goes on mission trips often to the Philippines. He plays with the kids and helps families out. All three characteristics make him a hero to me.

Tim is guy of character who works hard, competes, leads, and impacts all different types of people. Being the kind of guy he is I think every team would want him as their starting quarterback, but actually not. Most NFL analysts say he throws poorly because of improper mechanics. He has overcome adversity in so many situations which really pushes him over the top of why he is a hero to me. After the loss to Ole Miss his team ended up winning the rest of their games that year, including the BCS National Championship. Tim Tebow once said “When I meet somebody I want to leave a better impression than when I got there.” In my mind that sums up who he is.