Super Bowl M.V.P: Who was the best? | Teen Ink

Super Bowl M.V.P: Who was the best?

By YoGabbaGabba SILVER, Arlington Heights, Illinois
YoGabbaGabba SILVER, Arlington Heights, Illinois

"You out and kick their ass if your pissed enough!"
My most favorite basketball coach said this to me when the referees sucked in my game. I was able to bring my team back from a 15 point defecit, and win the game.

The Super Bowl. It is one of the most televised sporting events in America. All of the National Football League’s best are displayed. There have been so many MVPs voted; but from the past two, who is the best? Aaron Rodgers of Super Bowl XLV (45), and Drew Brees of Super Bowl XLIV (44). Both of these men are extraordinary quarterbacks; but who, out of these men, is really the best MVP.

For all of those who are not football fans, the Super Bowl is an extravaganza at the end of the NFL’s regular season and playoffs. There have been 45 Super Bowls, and 45 Super Bowl MVPs. The team that has won the most Super Bowls is the Dallas Cowboys by winning seven different Super Bowls. The first Super Bowl took place in 1967, but the teams playing in it were the champions of the 1966 NFL season. There have been 24 quarterbacks to win the Super Bowl MVP.

First, let’s take a look at Aaron Rodgers. He is the MVP of the most recent Super Bowl. He is a player on the Green Bay Packers. In Super Bowl XLV, the two teams playing were Pittsburgh Steelers and the Green Bay Packers. Rodgers is a 6 foot 2 inch, 225 pound graduate of the University of California (Cal). Aaron Rodgers was picked by the Green Bay Packers in the first round (pick number 24) of the 2005 NFL draft. For four years, Rodgers was Brett Farve’s back up; and when his opportunity came with Farve’s retirement in 2008, Rodgers reminded his boss’s how grateful he was for the opportunity, and that he would get their organization a chance for a Super Bowl title. Now, three years later, he fulfilled his promise. In the Super Bowl, Rodgers went 24 for 39 in pass completion. He through for 304 yards, and 3 touchdowns. Rodgers also did not through a single interception.

Now, let’s check out Drew Brees. Brees was born on January 15, 1979, in Provo, Utah. Brees went to Purdue University and was drafted by the San Diego Chargers in the 2nd round (32nd pick) of the 2001 NFL draft. At six foot and 209 pounds, Brees is obviously a star. Brees won his Super Bowl MVP award with the New Orleans Saints in Super Bowl XLIV. In that game, Brees went 34 for 39 passing. He also tallied for a total of 288 yards passing, two touchdowns, and no interceptions to earn him the title of Super Bowl MVP.
Both of these men are very deserving of their MVP title although, by the stats, Aaron Rodgers is the better of this pair. By completing 24 of 39 passing and getting 308 yards off those passes he wins the title. Passing yards is key in the game of football, and that is why Rodgers wins. When it comes down to it, though, both of these men are overly deserving of their award.

For L.A class. I love football so I decided to do an expository on the Super Bowl M.V.P

I would like to say thank you. I did a lot of research on this topic. I tried not to be biased because I am a packer fan and I feel I did well. So thank you for the comment.

bryar m said...
Man, whoever typed that story did prety dang good on it. but all i really have to say is that theres no way drew brees will ever be as good as Aaron Rodgers because Aaron Rodgers has what it take to win another super bowl championship because look at Aaron and his team right now. They are undefeated and then you take a look at the saints so theres kind of a huge difference. now im just waiting to see the saints go down in the playoffs like how they lost to the seattle seahawks last year.