Have the Large Salaries Had a Negative Effect on Sports | Teen Ink

Have the Large Salaries Had a Negative Effect on Sports

By Garrett24 BRONZE, Greenville, South Carolina
Garrett24 BRONZE, Greenville, South Carolina

We all know that the super star athletes make so much money it makes people sick. The question is whether or not it is good for sports or not. I believe it is a good thing for three reasons. It encourages the youth to strive to be as good as they can be, it increases the competition in the sports, and it keeps the sports growing and growing. I’m not saying that it is all good there are defiantly some negative effects on sports. Like the players getting to greedy and causing the sports leagues to go into leagues. However the positive affects out way the negative effects.

I would say that most of the children in America dream of being professional athletes. At least that is true for all the young boys. Everyone wants to throw a touchdown, hit a homerun and hit the buzzer beater to win the game. How does this affect America’s society and business? Sports are one of the biggest markets in America and involve a large part of the population. Sports open many jobs for a lot of people. Like sports agents, field mangers, and of course the athletes.

With the large salaries the competition to be the best keeps increasing. Everyone wants to be the best and with the large amount of money to be earned they work extra hard. The competition is not only between the athletes all the sports team owners want to have the best team, the agents want the best athlete and everyone wants to watch the best the game has.

With the high salaries of athletes it increases the sports world. In increases TV time, sports attendance, number of athletes, sport team control and many more things. With the sports world continual increases in growth it will keep the salaries growing at a ridiculous rate. This will keep all the industries associated with sports growing and growing.

So you see the large salaries of athletes have a much greater positive impact on sports. The salaries are also increasing every year which affects everyone that associate with sports. Sports are one of the biggest money making markets in the world and it has no plans of slowing down.

I believe that it is better for the sport