Encouragement | Teen Ink

Encouragement

By Kailyn BRONZE, Cave Creek, Arizona
Kailyn BRONZE, Cave Creek, Arizona

just do it for the heck of it!

Sometime in our lives, we all hear the same quote. "You ll never be good at anything" or "shut up, you suck at that sport". Yes, they maybe harsh words but don't let those people bring you down.
I love to figure skate. Figure skating is my passion but, one day I was told that I could never skate because I was too tall for it, then, that made me really mad. I was angry at that person for a long period of time. I didn't look at them, I didn't talk to them or anything.
But five years later, I look back at what that person said about me. And now I have taken those word as if they were words of encouragement. So, what if I am too tall? People don't look at a skater and remember her by the color of her dress or something, they remember her by the way that she preforms and does something that is remarkable to others. So my point is, when somebody says something to you about the way you do something, take it as them saying this is how you are going to get better.

Eilleen said...
on Apr. 9 2011 at 4:45 pm
Eilleen, Saskatoon, Other
I totally get this... where there's real talent your appearance becomes completly insignificant.