Clay Matthews | Teen Ink

Clay Matthews

By Darbee BRONZE, Rockford, Michigan
Darbee BRONZE, Rockford, Michigan

Standing 6’3 and weighing 255 pounds, with long luscious hair, Clay Matthews is a one of the best linebackers the NFL has to offer. Only his second season in the NFL with one super bowl ring on his hand and is following his dads, and grandfathers’ footsteps.

Matthews’ dad was a star of the Cleveland Browns, with his grandfather a hall of famer people would have been very surprised if he didn’t end up in the NFL as well. Clay’s work ethic, knowledge of the game, and muscular build, players like him do not come around every day. And the lucky team to have him the past two years would be the Green Bay Packers. Ending the 2010 season Matthews finished with a total of 54 tackles and 14 sacks. Only at age 24 Clay has a long and successful road ahead of him. He was runner up for the 2010 football seasons defensive player of the year, you can tell his hard work has paid off. Playing linebacker on the defense he gets his opportunity to shine and definitely takes advantage of it.

Matthews is not only an outstanding and smart player but he is also a great role model and involved with NFL’s “Play 60.” He also started his own fundraiser called CureDuchenne which helps and find a cure for muscular dystrophy. Clay also presented at the 53rd annual Grammys with Lea Michelle.
Matthews was drafted in the 2009 NFL draft, the Green Bay Packers chose him as their 26th pick overall and he has been a very smart choice. He has a very fun and loving personality off the field, but on he his intimidating and fierce.
He wears number 52 proud, is very active in charity work and his community, he helps out players on and off the field, and is the role model many people search for. Clay has never done drugs or gotten in trouble with the law, he is clean and well respected!

clayton said...
on Nov. 21 2011 at 3:40 pm
clay matthews is a dog .