Photography | Teen Ink

Photography

January 25, 2011
By Anthony Vacanti BRONZE, Brandon, Florida
Anthony Vacanti BRONZE, Brandon, Florida
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

What is the idea of photography? I really don't understand what skill it takes to click a button, while the camera's facing a certain angle. After that certain angle, then all you do is put glow on all the places where the light is, or simply sepia tone the entire thing. In my point of view, it shouldn't be a profession. There's nothing hard about it. The other day, I saw a photo of Cheerios in the magazine. Cheerios. Since when was this an amazing feat of skill; taking a photo of Cheerios.
All over the place I see these simple photos, in magazines. Now, if you were to take a picture that looked entertaining, I'd say “Hey, that looks pretty cool!" But I wouldn't give you enough money to buy a BMW for taking it. I only say the real art is the one you use with a canvas and a brush. What happened to this art? It seems to be dead in gone in nowadays society. But Photography? Everyone who has a camera thinks that they have some skill or talent so they can hold their head up high thinking they're so great for clicking a button and sepia tone or gray toning the picture.


The author's comments:
I see kids walking around with t-shirts with their names on it. Making COMPANYS for their photos. Disgusts me.