Photography | Teen Ink

Photography

By Anthony Vacanti BRONZE, Brandon, Florida
Anthony Vacanti BRONZE, Brandon, Florida
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

What is the idea of photography? I really don't understand what skill it takes to click a button, while the camera's facing a certain angle. After that certain angle, then all you do is put glow on all the places where the light is, or simply sepia tone the entire thing. In my point of view, it shouldn't be a profession. There's nothing hard about it. The other day, I saw a photo of Cheerios in the magazine. Cheerios. Since when was this an amazing feat of skill; taking a photo of Cheerios.
All over the place I see these simple photos, in magazines. Now, if you were to take a picture that looked entertaining, I'd say “Hey, that looks pretty cool!" But I wouldn't give you enough money to buy a BMW for taking it. I only say the real art is the one you use with a canvas and a brush. What happened to this art? It seems to be dead in gone in nowadays society. But Photography? Everyone who has a camera thinks that they have some skill or talent so they can hold their head up high thinking they're so great for clicking a button and sepia tone or gray toning the picture.

I see kids walking around with t-shirts with their names on it. Making COMPANYS for their photos. Disgusts me.

on Apr. 5 2011 at 8:53 pm

I highly disagree with this - and it may very well be because I'm a photographer myself. My problem with this is...haven't you or someone you know ever tried to take a picture and accidentally 'cut' their heads off, or suddenly there was a big glomp of finger in the side of the picture? You can say those aren't the best photographers.

I'm not putting down traditional art, cause I'm also an artist in that trade, but those two forms of art are at least equal.

on Feb. 18 2011 at 8:40 am
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
This kid is in my class.