Why people should play football | Teen Ink

Why people should play football

By Tyler Kovacs BRONZE, Bedford, Indiana
Tyler Kovacs BRONZE, Bedford, Indiana

Everyone Should Play the Great Game of Football: A Persuasive Essay on Football

The game of football is something that is very intriguing. Most people think that it’s a only a game of super star athletes and hard hitting. Little do they know there is much more to this game. Behind the scenes is where the true football players are made. Hard work, long days, and fatigue all describe what the preparation is like. However, while all of this seems so difficult the rewards that being a football player provides are priceless.

One of the greatest rewards of being a football player is feeling like you are part of a “family.” After a team has gone through off season workouts, summer workouts, and eventually two-a-days they become bonded. The bond is similar to a big brother-little brother bond. Everyone is always looking out for each other and nothing can separate them. During this bonding process, many friends are made. Players discover teammates that have the same will and desire as they do for the game. Not only do they become friends on the field, but off the field as well.

Another one of the great rewards of football is game days. After the long, hard week of practice is over it is time for the team to see how they match up. There is nothing better than preparing to walk onto the field in front of over 2,000 screaming and yelling fans knowing that you get the opportunity to see how you stack up against your opponent. Not only does this provide great enthusiasm, it also provides the home team with an advantage. During the game, the “trash talk” and opposing teams will to win drive the players harder than anything else. However, the football game itself is something that every player always enjoys. One main reason players enjoy it is because if they mess up at any time, there is always an opportunity later in the game to make up for it. Unless you have actually experienced this, you cannot relate to it.

The game of football can always provide someone with great opportunity. It always gives people that feel like they have nothing something to hope for. Being part of a football team is something that will never be regretted. The games and friendships are things that are cherished forever. Anyone who wants to be a part of something they can cherish forever, I definitely recommend playing the game of football. The rewards that are available are flat out mind boggling.

Wrote this for a persuasive essay for comp class

boofer said...
on Apr. 1 2015 at 10:23 am
amen brotha! Football is the greatest sport

on Jan. 29 2015 at 9:02 am
breanna franklin, Kcmo, Missouri
tell me more about why we should play

LeeL said...
When was this created?