Female Football Player Rights

I believe that the National Football League (NFL) and Colleges in the United states should discuss creating a professional football league and college league for women. Yes, girls can play football in high school and some play recreationally, but they should allow us to play in college and professionally also! Being a tomboy, I play football often during my daily school break, and find a lot of fun in the activity. I'm sure I speak for some of the female race when I state that it is unfair for us women not being able to play football professionally/in college by law!

As I stated earlier, I play football recreationally with a lot of the guys in my middle school. I am the only female to play the sport there, but I am also one of the best! I can throw a perfect spiral a good thirty yards, I can run faster than 98% of the guys in my middle school, and am one of the best recievers our teams have. I played flag football when I was in elementary school, and am considering playing in high school. But here's where I'm at a loss: Why play in high school if I can't continue to play in college and in my adult life AFTER college like I can in the other sports I participate in? There isn't a point. Which is also why I'm stressing the fact that the NFL and colleges nation wide should hear me out. I think it would be worth while, and would NOT be a waste of our time and money. I can only assume this, but a lot of women out of the American population do play football, and some may want to play professionally, me being one of the main contenders. So, can someone PLEASE tell me, why CAN'T we play?

beingagirl said...
today at 1:13 pm
i think girls should play football

mickey said...
today at 12:40 am
i think this is a good article, but I think that it would be unsafe for a girl to play tackle football with a three hundred pound man. Woman and men should have separate leagues, like in other sports.

Dani said...
Apr. 23 at 2:13 pm
Girls should be allowed to play football. I myself love the sport and say if we push it to the limit we can take it to the top. It's unfair that we don't have a professional team.

DevereauxFrazierThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 24 at 9:10 am
There is a women's league, the LFL.

8th pd titleb said...
Feb. 9 at 1:52 pm
Girls should not be allowed to play in the NFL because from what I learned, boys are not allowed to hit girls. I know for a fact that at my school, there are different locker-rooms for girls and boys. So it would cost more money to extend the locker-rooms. People might say they can sue the NFL because of discrimination, but then they can make the NFL for women.

8th pd title said...
Feb. 9 at 1:43 pm
I think girls should be able to play in the NFL because we think girls are just as strong as boys. Based on what we read girls can play football in middle school. We think girls are just as flexible as boys are.The author stated that she can kick up to 30yds.Our opinion is that you can hit a girl with pads because it will protect them.On the other hand girls shouldn't be able to play in the NFL because they will get hurt the same.Girls can wear the same padding and get hurt the same.We think gir... (more »)

Apr. 24 at 9:12 am
Although touching would become a problem.

7th pd title said...
Feb. 9 at 12:57 pm
We think girls should be able to play in the NFL because they can be as good and as strong as boys.The author says she is faster than 98% of the football team.If girls can play in college they should be allowed to play in the NFL.From what we read Shelby Ozborn was the first female defensive back to ever play a different position in collage.Some people might say girls shouldn't play in the NFL because they are not strong enough or don't know how to play,but they wear the same stuff as boys do so... (more »)

5th pd Title boy said...
Feb. 9 at 11:40 am
Girls shouldn't be able to play football in the NFL because they aren't smart enough and they will mess up the plays, they will be in the boys locker room and that's not aloud at my school, and they will get hurt by being crushed by the boys.

5th pd Title Girls said...
Feb. 9 at 11:34 am
Girls should be able to play football in the NFL because they should be able to play guy sports like they do soccer, baseball, and basketball. Girls are just as good as boys are in football. The author stated she is one of the best receivers on her middle school team. some people may think that girls should not play in the NFL because there to weak and will get hurt a lot. Girls will be wearing the same as boys and will get hurt just as much as boys.

2nd period Title b said...
Feb. 9 at 9:49 am
We think girls should not be able to play in the NFL,because it has always been a mans sport.If they let the girls play in the NFL the would probably get hit hard and get hurt by the men. The guys probably wont want to hit and hurt the girls. We think all the girls would try to argue by saying girls should have all the rights boys do.But the men want to keep the NFL the way it is.

2nd period Title said...
Feb. 9 at 9:48 am
Girls should be able to play in the NFL because boys already play sports with girls like volleyball, baseball, and soccer. Girls should get the rights to do what they want because both boys and girls play baseball but, boys don't want us to play baseball because the ball is hard but, football and baseball are the same just like soccer and volleyball. Its all the same. girls should have the rights to play with boys. Boys may say girls will get hurt in football but, everyone will be wearing the sa... (more »)

unbiased said...
Feb. 9 at 8:27 am
I think girls should be allowed to play in the NFL, but they need to be prepared to play with the men. They need to understand that they need to be able to take a hit just as much as the next guy.

1st period Title said...
Feb. 9 at 8:20 am
Girls should be able to play football in NFL and college because some girls can play as good as the boys. In the article the author told us she can run faster than 98% of the guys in her middle school. We read an article about a female football player who says she gets knocked down by boys all the time and still gets back up. Girls should have the same rights to play football as boys because there are other sports boys and girls both play. Boys and girls both play soccer, tennis, baseball, and b... (more »)

blindguy24 said...
Oct. 22, 2014 at 10:30 am
Ok, look, so I am all about sports. I'm all about girls playing sports and people playing sports. When it comes to football though that is a guys sport. I know some girls might be faster than some guys but girls cannot get as strong as guys can. You might be able to play in jr high and maybe even the high school level but when you start talking college ball guys hit and they hit hard. Guys literally train all year round just to hit people as hard as they can. Girls cannot get as strong as gu... (more »)

sanfranciscowriterThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Well written, persuasive as well. I'm a guy and TOTALLY support you and think if girls can play, let them play. I remember seeing some obscure female football league on TV but not sure if it's even still up. Good luck with this issue!

Bones96This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Well I felt the writing was a bit weak and a little conflicting. And I say that because I don't understand weither your point is to get a female team in college/NFL football or to have women on the team.  I personally I care much for football but I have wondered why there wasn't a female team. As for women on a team it is simple. Physically women are not as strong men. Not to say women are weak becuse that isn't true. But on say an NFL team it won't matter how much padding... (more »)

Apr. 24 at 9:13 am
I agree completely. Women couldn't handle the yearly rigors of the NFL.

@ikkeyohio said...
Nov. 10, 2013 at 12:27 am
so you're saying girls are weaker than boys?

softballstar467 said...
this is cool because i to want to play football but cant and that makes me very upset so  go for it and dont let anything stop you.