Female Football Player Rights

I believe that the National Football League (NFL) and Colleges in the United states should discuss creating a professional football league and college league for women. Yes, girls can play football in high school and some play recreationally, but they should allow us to play in college and professionally also! Being a tomboy, I play football often during my daily school break, and find a lot of fun in the activity. I'm sure I speak for some of the female race when I state that it is unfair for us women not being able to play football professionally/in college by law!

As I stated earlier, I play football recreationally with a lot of the guys in my middle school. I am the only female to play the sport there, but I am also one of the best! I can throw a perfect spiral a good thirty yards, I can run faster than 98% of the guys in my middle school, and am one of the best recievers our teams have. I played flag football when I was in elementary school, and am considering playing in high school. But here's where I'm at a loss: Why play in high school if I can't continue to play in college and in my adult life AFTER college like I can in the other sports I participate in? There isn't a point. Which is also why I'm stressing the fact that the NFL and colleges nation wide should hear me out. I think it would be worth while, and would NOT be a waste of our time and money. I can only assume this, but a lot of women out of the American population do play football, and some may want to play professionally, me being one of the main contenders. So, can someone PLEASE tell me, why CAN'T we play?

Dylan0C said...
Jan. 6 at 10:49 am
You reference your inability to play "by law!", what specific law bars females from competing in football? A very small percent of high school athletes play in college by the way. By your logic, they shouldn't even play since there's such a minimal opportunity at college athletics. Obviously, that rhetoric is inherently flawed, you should play because you enjoy it and not because of professional aspects.

anthonytimmerman said...
Sept. 23, 2015 at 10:59 am
girls cant handle big guys like what are in the NFL there to big and to strong for a women. Maybe women will get there own league but they can not play with men

20caweisThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Nov. 13, 2015 at 10:35 am
That's so true

CJB1224 replied...
Nov. 29, 2015 at 11:06 am
umm... have you ever heard Jennifer Welter look her up

ExZachly said...
Sept. 3, 2015 at 9:08 am
The author isn't asking for women to play in the NFL. She's asking for a league for women only. But you look at the WNBA. Very boring, not a lot of fan. Yes, football is a more popular sport, bu the general consensus is that men are better than women in sports. They're bigger, they're stronger, they're faster. Yes, some girls can hold their own in grade school, but when 6'6" 350 pound grown men are falling on a woman, not a good ending. Hey, maybe a football league for women will blow up like th... (more »)

beingagirl said...
i think girls should play football

CJB1224 replied...
Nov. 29, 2015 at 11:07 am
yeah and play with men

mickey said...
Apr. 28, 2015 at 12:40 am
i think this is a good article, but I think that it would be unsafe for a girl to play tackle football with a three hundred pound man. Woman and men should have separate leagues, like in other sports.

CJB1224 replied...
Nov. 29, 2015 at 11:08 am
women are gonna be okay against them

Dani said...
Girls should be allowed to play football. I myself love the sport and say if we push it to the limit we can take it to the top. It's unfair that we don't have a professional team.

DevereauxFrazierThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Apr. 24, 2015 at 9:10 am
There is a women's league, the LFL.

Nov. 13, 2015 at 10:36 am
I totally agree

8th pd titleb said...
Girls should not be allowed to play in the NFL because from what I learned, boys are not allowed to hit girls. I know for a fact that at my school, there are different locker-rooms for girls and boys. So it would cost more money to extend the locker-rooms. People might say they can sue the NFL because of discrimination, but then they can make the NFL for women.

Nov. 23, 2015 at 10:29 am
But i don´t think that they would have enough woman to make a league.

football babe replied...
Jan. 20 at 5:03 pm
I agree, men should not be allowed to hit men. But if a women such as this one ( and me I play football for my school only girl ) is asking to play she obviously knows the danger this sport brings And have you ever heard of Jenifer Welter ( look her up ) you don't see her crying and boohooing if she got hurt as she played for the cardinals

8th pd title said...
I think girls should be able to play in the NFL because we think girls are just as strong as boys. Based on what we read girls can play football in middle school. We think girls are just as flexible as boys are.The author stated that she can kick up to 30yds.Our opinion is that you can hit a girl with pads because it will protect them.On the other hand girls shouldn't be able to play in the NFL because they will get hurt the same.Girls can wear the same padding and get hurt the same.We think gir... (more »)

Apr. 24, 2015 at 9:12 am
Although touching would become a problem.

Nov. 13, 2015 at 10:37 am
She said she could throw 30 yards, not kick.

football babe replied...
Jan. 20 at 5:07 pm
Just like men get hurt women get hurt they don't just get hurt because they are women and yes people can play football in ,middle school as a matter of fact I play football for my school im in seventh grade and I absolutely love it football is my life and right now my priority

7th pd title said...
We think girls should be able to play in the NFL because they can be as good and as strong as boys.The author says she is faster than 98% of the football team.If girls can play in college they should be allowed to play in the NFL.From what we read Shelby Ozborn was the first female defensive back to ever play a different position in collage.Some people might say girls shouldn't play in the NFL because they are not strong enough or don't know how to play,but they wear the same stuff as boys do so... (more »)