Hockey | Teen Ink

Hockey

May 7, 2010
By JordanIngebrigtsen BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
JordanIngebrigtsen BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I am going to talk about which is better, the NHL, or college hockey.
There are a lot of similarities between the NHL and college hockey, but there are also a lot of differences.

I got information about the NHL from NHL.com. The NHL is serious hockey played for serious money. They put a lot of time and effort into the game. They Play 84 games in a season, and some of them play in the all star game too.

Information about college hockey is from NCAA.org. College hockey players are very serious too because they want to make it too the NHL so they can start getting paid for the game they love to play. They pay 70 games in a season unless they go into the tournaments where they can play a lot more.

There are similarities of the two and I got that from About.com. I think one of the most exciting parts about hockey is the hitting and fighting. You can do all of that in both Leagues. The rules are the same in college hockey as in the NHL.
There are a lot of differences about hockey too. I got this information from nhlofficials.com. The Officials in College hockey are a little stricter than in the NHL. The fights in college hockey are more exciting to watch because the refs let a lot of stuff go unlike in the NHL. The NHL has the most talented players in North America. That’s what I like about it, and then they do more crazy moves and bigger hits.
Out of the NCAA and the NHL I like the NHL the best. Even though college hockey fights are better they have more talent and experience. That makes it more fun to watch.