Dream Crushers

I always loved Judo. I was inspired by Jackie Chan's movies. But never got to sign up for a martial art lesson. But I always hoped, that someday, my dream will come true.

Finally, it did. I enrolled in Judo. It was tough initially as I have asthma but soon it no longer seemed to be a problem. I dream of getting a black belt someday.

There are dream crushers around me, some friends, who tell me to give up Judo. They say its not for girls, it is useless. I don't give a damn.

Friends, I request you, never pay attention to the dream crushers around you. It will do no good, will bring pain and regret in your life. Live your life. It is your life, live it.........

Skeezics said...
This article is completly right. We should not give in to those who try to crush our dreams. Keep writing.

TheN3RDWAD said...
Jan. 2, 2010 at 1:04 am
Exactly, and again, no matter what people say, if it makes you happy then they should have no say in what you do. Thank you so much for this essay, glad I'm not alone when people give me heck about liking bugs and snakes. Not everyone's forte, but it's mine, so they should get no say in it.