Necessity | Teen Ink

Necessity

It’s the first thing I think of after I wake up in the morning. It’s the last thing I think of before I fall asleep at night. I spend my day reviewing it. Then I spend my evenings practicing it. It was a part of my past. It is part of my present. It will be part of my future. I cannot live without it.

In my past it was always there for me. Some of my most memorable moments were a result of it. Many of the friends I have now I found through it. I also was able to do it with my dad. This was really important to me. I miss being with my dad doing what I love the most. One of the biggest things we have in common is our love we have for it.

Now it is the most important thing in my life. Everyday I think about what I need to do to make myself more successful at it. I have many goals for it and those goals are what motivate me to do all the right things in life. If I lost it and it wasn’t a part of my life anymore I don’t know what I would do.

In my future it will continue to be the most important thing in my life. I will be continuing it in college and it has set me up for great success in my life. It is going to allow me to receive an excellent education for free. I am going to meet so many people through it and I will have countless resources. I am very thankful for it.

It is the center of my life. I believe that most of what I am thankful for can be attributed to it. It has brought me great joy, friends, success, and most importantly memories. I would never be able to live without it because it is who I am. I don’t regret all of the countless hours, days, weeks, months, and years of my life that have gone into it. This is because the reward that it gives me is far greater than what I have given it.