Essence Of Baseball | Teen Ink

Essence Of Baseball

May 23, 2023
By coleevans23 BRONZE, St Louis, Missouri
coleevans23 BRONZE, St Louis, Missouri
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

An object that has the biggest essence is a little white ball with red seams. In other words, baseball. Baseball is such an important object to me because ive grown up with my dad playing together, we created a bond that I am so lucky to have, off of baseball. Baseball has done things that no one else could, its given me a purpose, its given me friends and special bonds with people that will last a lifetime, its given me a potential carrer, its given me a dream and goals, its given me scholarships and college opportunities. Even though this little white ball may not seem to important to others its what I feel like ive spent my life on and what I love to do. Baseball has given me such an escape from the world when things get bad, which it does cause that is life and part of living it. Everytime I am stressed or overthinking things, or even when i'm bored, I just pick up that ball and go play catch with it, learn how to throw a pitch, perfect my craft. When i step on that mound and focus on throwing that ball all my problems and issues just go away. It feels like a block on anything that I didnt want to do or think about goes away in the moment. Baseball has given me the most in life and will always have the lock in my heart. Baseball is a part of who I am today, to what clothes I dress in, to what I watch on tv, to what games I play, baseball is more than just the object, it's a passion and a love which I have so much of it for the game itself. Baseball has also taught me tonsof life lessons. Like how to fail. Baseball is a game of failure, and has taught me that when you lose you have to let it go and focus on what you did right and for what you did wrong, correct it and do better next game. Its also taught me that one moment in the game doesnt affect the rest of the game. You can't let a mental mistake ruin your whole game, turn the page and get the next one. You can take that into the world. Say you fail a test, learn what you did wrong and study so when your next test is you can get an A on it,instead of letting that bad grade affect you and you just accept that you failed and dont change it will ruin everything. For all the reasons that are said, baseball is truly the most important object to me.


The author's comments:

baseball has always been a huge part in life and has made me who I am today.