Dear Sports | Teen Ink

Dear Sports

By csmidro BRONZE, Lebanon, Ohio
csmidro BRONZE, Lebanon, Ohio

Dear Sports,

You have given me so much. Happiness, sadness, success, failure, confidence, nervousness. But that’s what you’re meant for. To make myself and others better than they were the day before. Better prepared for new challenges. Physically and mentally. On the field and in life. You teach me life lessons. Ones that I’ll use forever. Though it comes at a price of blood, sweat, and tears. That’s why I do it. No one ever got to where they wanted to be so badly, without hard work. They don’t hand out achievements, you have to earn them. No one ever said that achieving your dreams would be easy, but it’s going to be worth it. You taught me that even though it’s not easy, there’s something better on the other side. You taught me that hard work takes you places, no matter where you are in life. I feel free when I play sports. Confident, like I actually know what I’m doing for once. That’s rare if you ask my family. You give me a sense of happiness, when I’m out there with my boys. Doing what we love. I don’t know how far you might take me, that’s up to me. I book my flight. But I know that no matter how far I decide to go, I will never forget the memories I made with some of my best friends, all because of you. So I’m giving you this short letter, just to let you know that I love you. I won’t forget everything you have and will do for me. 

Thank you,                                                                                                                                      Charlie

This explains how I feel about sports and why I put so much time into them.