Stupid People with Drones Are Ruining the Fun for Others | Teen Ink

Stupid People with Drones Are Ruining the Fun for Others

Drones are becoming a major concern for everyone making it more dangerous for you to step outside your house. The drone world is a big part of me and my families life and we don't want people ruining the fun for us. Drones have become a major concern for airports and for people who just want a relaxing time on a vacations not being disturbed by any buzzing sound in the air. But some people don't know any better they just send it up wherever they feel like. Me as a drone pilot that's even annoying to me because they fly it in the dumbest places. That's why anyone who has or does own a drone should have to go take classes so that they can learn where they can and cannot fly their drones

Where ever you look you will most likely find an ad to buy the new and improved drone where it talks about how great and easy it is to fly. This is getting people that never had a drone before or never read about the rules to buy them to… what? Once they have the drone charged they go to wherever they feel like is a good place to fly and send them up without and restraint on that it might be dangerous for people around them.

I've been flying RC (Radio Control) planes, cars, helicopters, and drones for as long as I can remember. I don't want a few people that cause injuries to others or people that cause delays in an airport to be the reason why the people who follow the rules can’t fly them anymore. Before drones started skyrocketing in the amount of people flying them in 2014, 138 pilots saw these drones at altitudes over 10,000 feet. Laws are being broken left and right flying places where you shouldn't be flying like in an international airports airspace causing risks to planes. The CNBC shared a video of what would happen if a 2.1 pound drone was to hit an airplane's wing while the plane was flying at high speeds and it had the ability to rip a gaping hole in the planes wing. To try and solve this issue people who own a drone should have to take class so that they can learn what happens if they fly somewhere they shouldn't be.

At least 70,000 people were at the 2019 super bowl meaning that someone was bound to bring a drone to try and record the game. This was a major risk to airports causing “43 flights at the international airport in Newark, N.J., and caused a 33-hour closure at London's Gatwick Airport.” (LeClairRyan) This just shows that wherever you are there is someone being stupid for their own enjoyment flying higher than they should where they put people in risk that are miles away.

The safety hazard of drones are incredible and there are specific warnings to people who buy these explaining don't put your fingers on the blades while they are spinning or the controller will start flashing when the battery is about to die. Yet people don't listen to these sending these drones falling to the ground wherever they died at causing safety issues to people around them because if the drone hit someone it could cause large price consequences on the person that was flying the drone. So I think that anyone who is thinking of buying a drone or already has a drone should have to go take a class so they everyone can learn the rules of the skies.

Drones are a major issue in the society and I wanted to spread the word about what people are doing with these drones to make them so dangerous.