Top Voted Spirituality / Religion Articles

Here are the top voted spirituality / religion articles:

voted
#1
Valentine’s Day This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     Valentine’s Day is a day of love and romance for some, a day of chocolate and cards for others, but for many, it is a day of bitter desperation and longing. Every year when Valentine’s Day comes around, I... (more »)
27 comments
voted
#2
Death Penalty This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     Constant debates rage over whether the death penalty is an accurate illustration of American culture, and if it’s even constitutional. One argument is that the justice system is hypocritical in how it portrays... (more »)
51 comments
voted
#3
Time and Life This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     One day you wake up, get ready and go to school. Before you know it, the day passes. Then a week, a month, a year, a decade, and soon, your lifetime. But what did you do with all that time? Or, more importantly, what... (more »)
14 comments
voted
#4
What Will You See? This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
      They say that when you die your life flashes before your eyes. Will you see anything other than a small black box in the corner of your room? Will your only companions be the remote and the cast of... (more »)
12 comments
voted
#5
Holiday Has-Been This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     Halloween does not deserve to be called a holiday. “Holiday” means “holy day,” but Halloween does not fit this definition. It has deteriorated into a candy fest and a costume-celebrating... (more »)
35 comments
voted
#6
Mars This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     How much did it cost to assemble Spirit and Opportunity? I’ll tell you: $800 million. That’s a big hunk of money that could resolve problems like health care, schools, the effects of natural disasters, and... (more »)
17 comments
voted
#7
Logic This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     January 31, 2006 was a momentous day I will not soon forget. A good friend called to ask if I would join him for coffee. It was on this day that I came to respect an ideal that I otherwise would have given no thought... (more »)
17 comments
voted
#8
The Sun is Up This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
     If Los Angeles is the city of angels, what is New York? Perhaps it is the city of kindness? Peace? Surely you can ask any taxi driver or listen to any upper-class passerby you bump into on Fifth Avenue and you will... (more »)
5 comments
voted
#9
My Religion This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I have a magnet on my mirror stating, “Life is not about finding yourself – life is about creating yourself.” This is the statement I live by. Many people do not believe me when I say I am an atheist. They don’t understand that I simply... (more »)
757 comments
voted
#10
The Pyramids This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
The mound builders built mounds for which to bury their dead so that they might be closer to the heavens. The ancient Egyptians built pyramids that reach into the sky as a symbol of power and of remembrance. We bury our dead deep beneath... (more »)
6 comments
voted
#11
My Belief System This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. This work has won the Teen Ink contest in its category.
Everyone believes in something – religion, an afterlife, love at first sight, fate, marriage, destiny, gods, ghosts, etc. For many, these beliefs make up a large part of their lives and their being. In fact, for some, their beliefs define them.... (more »)
2 comments
voted
#12
Prayer Ought to be in Schools This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Prayer has always been part of the culture of the United States of America, its people, and its foundation. George Washington himself was a devout Christian, as were most of the founding fathers. The hand of God directed the Bill of Rights and the... (more »)
58 comments
voted
#13
One Nation Under...Several Deists and Freemasons This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
We've all heard that incredibly overused argument that our nation was founded on Christianity. I've heard it so many times – and backed up with the most inaccurate information – that I am ready to scream. Before I continue, let me state for... (more »)
29 comments
voted
#14
God and Santa Claus This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
By , Roberts Creek, Canada
I stopped believing in God (at least, a theistic god) about the same time I stopped believing in Santa Claus. I didn't suddenly have an epiphany after meditating under a cherry tree for a year. The cause was closer to home. It started in a book.... (more »)
32 comments
voted
#15
Morality and Religion This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I have never set fire to an orphanage. I have no wish to. There are many who believe that we must heed the Bible and religion, claiming that it brings us morality and without it, we have none. It is true that up to this point in history morality... (more »)
12 comments
voted
#16
Roots This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
It is older than dirt It has inspired all, from beginning to end It gave strength to Adam and Eve when They had to leave It gave will to Noah When the rain came down And the animals had to come It has led leaders with tons of... (more »)
2 comments