Top Voted Spirituality / Religion Articles

Here are the top voted spirituality / religion articles:

voted
#1
The Pyramids This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
The mound builders built mounds for which to bury their dead so that they might be closer to the heavens. The ancient Egyptians built pyramids that reach into the sky as a symbol of power and of remembrance. We bury our dead deep beneath... (more »)
6 comments
voted
#2
My Belief System This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. This work has won the Teen Ink contest in its category.
Everyone believes in something – religion, an afterlife, love at first sight, fate, marriage, destiny, gods, ghosts, etc. For many, these beliefs make up a large part of their lives and their being. In fact, for some, their beliefs define them.... (more »)
2 comments
voted
#3
Prayer Ought to be in Schools This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Prayer has always been part of the culture of the United States of America, its people, and its foundation. George Washington himself was a devout Christian, as were most of the founding fathers. The hand of God directed the Bill of Rights and the... (more »)
58 comments
voted
#4
One Nation Under...Several Deists and Freemasons This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
We've all heard that incredibly overused argument that our nation was founded on Christianity. I've heard it so many times – and backed up with the most inaccurate information – that I am ready to scream. Before I continue, let me state for... (more »)
29 comments
voted
#5
God and Santa Claus This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
By , Roberts Creek, Canada
I stopped believing in God (at least, a theistic god) about the same time I stopped believing in Santa Claus. I didn't suddenly have an epiphany after meditating under a cherry tree for a year. The cause was closer to home. It started in a book.... (more »)
32 comments
voted
#6
Morality and Religion This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
I have never set fire to an orphanage. I have no wish to. There are many who believe that we must heed the Bible and religion, claiming that it brings us morality and without it, we have none. It is true that up to this point in history morality... (more »)
12 comments
voted
#7
Roots This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
It is older than dirt It has inspired all, from beginning to end It gave strength to Adam and Eve when They had to leave It gave will to Noah When the rain came down And the animals had to come It has led leaders with tons of... (more »)
2 comments
voted
#8
What Science Is Missing This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
Long ago, humans looked at the world and wondered. They gazed at the stars and found them beautiful. They watched the change of the seasons and marveled. They heard the chirping of the birds and were spellbound. Where had all this splendor... (more »)
6 comments
voted
#9
Why I Don’t Celebrate Christmas This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.
“What are you putting on your Christmas wishlist?” my overly enthusiastic friend asked me. “Well, nothing. I don’t actually celebrate it,” I said uncomfortably. She blinked at me. “Why not?”... (more »)
8 comments