I Wonder | Teen Ink

I Wonder

By BoobooBeetle DIAMOND, Jacksonville, Florida
BoobooBeetle DIAMOND, Jacksonville, Florida

“A good novel tells us the truth about its hero; but a bad novel tells us the truth about its author.”
G.K. Chesterton

"And you, you ridiculous people, you expect me to help you."
Denis Johnson

I wonder why people must be insane to grasp reality. I wonder where people went wrong when they thought about life—saying it’s stressful and such. I wonder what people think about when confronted with the truth—that it’s a gift, not a burden. I wonder when people began thinking this way. Did we always believe that life was so horrid? I wonder if people are able to see the truth behind the current, to be able to be sane while seizing reality. I wonder who first started this philosophy; it must’ve been taught or invented by someone. I wonder whether or not people actually do comprehend it and pretend they don’t because reality is just too scary, or if they absolutely have no idea. Reality just may be scarier that insanity. Why? It’s because when you’re held firm into reality, you know the real situation and how awful it could be, but when you’re in insanity’s territory, you’re safe, you’re happy, you’re everything you wanted to be. You’re you, you’re free and no one or anything can prevent you from doing what you want. Maybe it’s better to have one foot on each side: reality and insanity; then, you get the best, and worst, of both worlds.